Best flow trails in North Jersey?

Anything north of route 80 is a giant pile of rocks with a couple inches of top soil that will wash away in a couple weeks. You want flow, GTFO of north Jerzy.

Those words are grounds for a ban on this forum.

J/K. It's good enough if you can ignore all of the blown-out/damaged trails and just ride hard.
its all relative right, i have never ridden anything in NJ with that many switchbacks, it was fun. That being said I am going to visit my sister in Tahoe and will be riding out there which will be a problem for when i get back to jersey

If you’re looking for less tech and something that won’t beat you up after 5 miles, try Alpine. It’s a sweet little network of trails that I often ride when I want to give my body a break from all the rocks.
nice i'll try it. yeah the rocks can really beat you up, make a 5 mile ride seem like 15 and make everything on this 42 year old body hurt lol. damn being young was easier

If you’re looking for less tech and something that won’t beat you up after 5 miles, try Alpine. It’s a sweet little network of trails that I often ride when I want to give my body a break from all the rocks.
I agree on Alpine, especially with the newer sections. Just what is the deal on this place these days? I know at least most of the land is owned by the Boy Scouts, who apparently have their hands full with sexual abuse lawsuits these days, a very sad history if true. For some reason, that seems to have affected the status of the trails for mountain biking, hiking, trail running, etc, at least as far as this site and Trailforks are concerned, which seem to have purposely deleted the Alpine area as a legit trail system.

I agree on Alpine, especially with the newer sections. Just what is the deal on this place these days? I know at least most of the land is owned by the Boy Scouts, who apparently have their hands full with sexual abuse lawsuits these days, a very sad history if true. For some reason, that seems to have affected the status of the trails for mountain biking, hiking, trail running, etc, at least as far as this site and Trailforks are concerned, which seem to have purposely deleted the Alpine area as a legit trail system.
I’ve gotten so many conflicted stories that I’ve given up trying to figure out Alpine. The trails are just okay anyway and IMO best for beginner/intermediate riders. I will say that it’s a great spot for a night ride. You can’t really get too lost in there (although I did once 😆). It’s also really fun on a fatbike after it snows and all the walkers pack it down.

Back
Top Bottom