Best flow trails in North Jersey?

Drock

Hey all in search of some good flow trails in North Jersey that don't have a ton of rocks. I know I know the rocky terrain is a North Jersey staple but there has to be something out there! Any suggestions? I live in Essex county and ride my local Montclair/Verona trails all the time but looking to switch it up. Thanks!

BPaze

Nassau and High Bridge trails are the best North Jersey flow. Stephen's has good flow but a lil rocky prib similar to Essex trails. Dickerson Mine is small but good flow and I guess Lewis Morris can be considered flow.

goldsbar

Depends on your definition. You're not going to find Bentonville in NJ. I consider many parts of Ringwood flow. Sure, it has tons of rocks, but they've all been laid out by the trail crew like pavers. Nearby Sterling Forest (almost NJ!) has a new real-deal all dirt machine built flow trail. But it's just one trail. Same with LewMo, the new green is very much flow, but the other trails might have a root or two sticking up and look like they've been used by the entire population of New Jersey. Stephens is great tech flow. Nassau has machine built flow/jump trails you can lap. Six Mile?

Drock

Depends on your definition. You're not going to find Bentonville in NJ. I consider many parts of Ringwood flow. Sure, it has tons of rocks, but they've all been laid out by the trail crew like pavers. Nearby Sterling Forest (almost NJ!) has a new real-deal all dirt machine built flow trail. But it's just one trail. Same with LewMo, the new green is very much flow, but the other trails might have a root or two sticking up and look like they've been used by the entire population of New Jersey. Stephens is great tech flow. Nassau has machine built flow/jump trails you can lap. Six Mile?
Awesome this is so helpful! I just did wawayanda lake loop yesterday and while i loved alot of it I could do without all the natural rock gardens. Six Mile was fun too, have to try those others you mentioned

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Such as it always is the poor red headed step child of allamuchy gets lost in conversation. I hate recommending because of the lack of interest of keeping this park viable. Especially now as growth is literally taking over the trail system. But when fall is on its end and everything dies back you can include deer park into the list.
I do wish one day this park falls into the right hands to someone who actually cares because it a perfect trail system for the new rider looking to stretch out their abilities.

Cassinonorth

Those are my home trails as well so I'm aware of what you're riding flow wise.

Stephens at times is flowy, Lewis Morris would be very flowy if it wasn't so blown out with roots at points, Nassau is flowy and about 45 minutes away, Noxamixon is great if you don't mind an hour and change ride, Six Mile is extremely flowy and similar to the trails off WET at points. Unfortunately those are the closest and best picks for flow around us.

Ironjunk

Kittatinny has awesome flow as in you will brainlessly crank away on packed trails for 2 hours and hit everything. The workout is the flow. Other parks feel like mountain biking, Kittatinny feels like a ride.

Drock

Those are my home trails as well so I'm aware of what you're riding flow wise.

Stephens at times is flowy, Lewis Morris would be very flowy if it wasn't so blown out with roots at points, Nassau is flowy and about 45 minutes away, Noxamixon is great if you don't mind an hour and change ride, Six Mile is extremely flowy and similar to the trails off WET at points. Unfortunately those are the closest and best picks for flow around us.
just rode lewis morris was pretty damn good, last time i rode it was with a beginner rider (a friend) and it was muddy as hell so we didn't make it very far. The yellow loop has some nice switchbacks and that blue run was pretty sweet

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
J/K. It's good enough if you can ignore all of the blown-out/damaged trails and just ride hard.

Lots of good things have happened over the last couple years. I just put on an event there, and the runners had a great loop. About 10k. Only a little bit of rooty stuff. Don't count the fire roads of course.

New trail from picnic area to pavilion parking is awesome. Reroute up by the log pile worked great.

I feel like I may take on that wet spot approaching patriots path near the lake from the west.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
If you’re looking for less tech and something that won’t beat you up after 5 miles, try Alpine. It’s a sweet little network of trails that I often ride when I want to give my body a break from all the rocks.

Top Bottom