!BEST CRASH OF YEAR!??????????????????????????????????????

TYPE OF CRASH

• Smashed into a Rock or Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wash Out (Bike Slid From under you)

• Ran into someone or they rode into you

• Can't remember, it knocked me out

• Total voters

RyGanley

Yesterday, Myself J and G rode Split Rock.. I rode into a Tree then later Flipped over a pile of logs.. .all in all a good day. Woke today with a few stiff knees and a bunch of aces and pains... I then relized those were the best crashes in one day I had all season... ( :twisted: :twisted:

So I decied to take a Poll on Best Crashes this year.
Copy and Paste Below and Fill it out:

Place:(ex. Split Rock)

Rain or Dry:(ex. Dry)

Broke a Bone:(ex. NO)

Broke the bike, what on the bike:

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Place: Tourne
Rain or Dry: Dry
Broke a Bone: No
Broke the bike, what on the bike: Nothing on the bike but I messed up my new GPS.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Place: Tourne
Broke the bike, what on the bike: busted my computer off the bike, blew my rear tire.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Place: Nowhere
Rain or Dry: Neither
Broke a Bone: None
Broke the bike, what on the bike: NA

Nothing exciting, except for a low-speed ego-bruising sideways tipover climbing a gravel road at Mahlon Dickerson - I'm such a wuss....

5wytchBh4kk

Place: Mercer Park

Broke the bike, what on the bike: nothing

Went waaaaaaaaay to hot into a sandy turn :lol:

A

Ant

Place: In front of my house

Broke the bike, what on the bike: nothing

Getting used to starting out in clipless pedals on a slight incline. Couldn't get my 2nd foot clipped in and fell over sideways into my neighbors lawn right in front of my house. Gay. [/quote]

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
nice pic ry... like the way my knuckles are in-focus but everything else is a blur :)

Place: lewis morris :oops: of all places, taking a turn hit some gravel at high speed... bang! out 2 weeks. 4 stitches. gravel blows

it was dry, nothing broken on bike and no bones either

part of the problem was I was on a bike i rarely ride there with new tires i was getting used to. my knee was ripped open nicely. a bit like jason's avatar.

this is the wound, cleaned up a bit. think about 2 days later. i don't have a nice bloody shot like jason ;) btw, this was taken 2 sept and i still have a small scab today and its 12 oct. :shock: what a dumbass fall.

B

bdpeter

Place:Cannonball

Broke a Bone: sure as hell felt like I broke my thumb!

Broke the bike, what on the bike: Flat front tire, broken lever.

I was riding Cannonball for the first time, and we got to the top of the first major hill (very rocky). I was riding across the top of a boulder and caught the front tire in a handy 'rock wheel chock' and immediately went over the bars. That was the fun part, until I realized I needed to keep my face from digging into the rock, put both hands out, and proceeded to hyperextend my thumb. :evil:

Sat there for about 5 minutes as the guys pumped up my front tire and rode back to the truck.

Wore a splint for about 3 weeks, but the thumb still isn't 100%.

The worse part was that I didn't have the helmet cam running, so it wasn't captured for all to enjoy.

S

scubasteve

Two quickies, both pitiful.

Roadie Crash
Place: Jefferson Street (Outside house)
Broke the bike, what on the bike: Like Ant, was just getting used to clipless, couldn't get second foot in, started slowing, clicked foot in, but it was too late, panicked, started to fall, got foot out to prevent fall. Somehow though, my weight shift managed to taco the wheel and break three spokes. I swear, i've served up more tacos on that road bike than Baja Fresh...

MTB Crash
Place: Roosevelt Park
Broke the bike, what on the bike: Tried to turn into a large uphill, lost the rear, had foot in strap (now have clipless) and couldn't get out. Leg hit rock hard. Have hole in leg that doctor cannot explain. It's believed I ruptured a vein (bruising spread to ankle) and possibly a tendon. It's actually really cool; if you run your hand down my leg, all of a sudden, below the skin, there's literally a gap about 1.5x1.5 inches. Shibby. Broke nothing, except for my confidence...

M

MikeM

Place: Stilwell Woods
Broke a Bone: No, but i fuct up my face
Broke the bike, what on the bike: pringled both rims

riding some fast sweeping singletrack on my old trek. came around a curve to meet a guy going the other direction. we were both goign too fast to stop.
he put his head down, smart move for him. his helmet got me right in the side of the chin. i was knocked out for a few minutes. His bike was fine but my face trashed his helmet

D

DANSPANK

Can I add to this? It was a friend of mine though...
Place: Tsali, North Carolina
Rain or Dry: Lets be generous and say damp
Broke a Bone: Potential coccyx damage and sever shin scrapage...
Broke the bike, what: Ripped the seat off its' rails. Yup, not the seat post - the rails

Clasically, in front of a crowd, a front endo that obvious made my buddy clench hard enough to rip the saddle right off it's rails. He had to retire after only half a mile. There was no enroute fix for a bare seatpost!

A

Ant

DANSPANK said:
Can I add to this? It was a friend of mine though...
Place: Tsali, North Carolina
Rain or Dry: Lets be generous and say damp
Broke a Bone: Potential coccyx damage and sever shin scrapage...
Broke the bike, what: Ripped the seat off its' rails. Yup, not the seat post - the rails

Clasically, in front of a crowd, a front endo that obvious made my buddy clench hard enough to rip the saddle right off it's rails. He had to retire after only half a mile. There was no enroute fix for a bare seatpost!

Those must be some serious butt muscles... :shock:

D

DANSPANK

Well it was day 2 so he got the first day. But missed out on the rest of day 2 and day 3.

By the end of it we'd all crashed in some fashion but only he had an audience and the capability to part plastic from metal ala Moses stylee!!

Top Bottom