Best band ever?

X

xcrunner1991

Mine has to be Bruce Springsteen and the E-street band. Of course they are straight outta Jersey.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Best band EVER

This can get more controversial than the 26 v 29 thread.
c'mon guys were not talkin bout best band of the 80's,90' and I would see Bruce more as a solo artist, kinda like Dylan.
Gotta go with Stones or if your older you could say Beetles. Without these bands there is no point of reference...your like a child wondering into a movie with no point of reference.:p

Stocky

I think you first have to ask yourself what's the criteria based on ?

Impact the had on music
Longevity as a band or solo artist
ability to maintain the original line up

to many possibilties

The Allmans are my favorite band , but the rest are my favorite bands/musicians that have had a great impact on the world of music with their music.

For me
Allman Brothers
Grateful Dead
Dylan
Hendrix
The Band
Blind Faith
Cream
The Stones
The Who
CSNY
Carole King
Temptations
James Taylor
King Curtis
Sly and the Family Stone
Miles Davis

I really don't get the whole Springsteen thing, never have ,never will. I do have to say and I realize this is a really poor general statement, but of the many Bruce fans I have met, their overall musical taste is very questionable.

I am also NOT a Beatles fan. I do however like Ringo, Paul and George as solo artists. You can keep John , he does nothing for me.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think you first have to ask yourself what's the criteria based on ?

Impact the had on music
Longevity as a band or solo artist
ability to maintain the original line up

to many possibilties

The Allmans are my favorite band , but the rest are my favorite bands/musicians that have had a great impact on the world of music with their music.

Well you are right with the criteria part...I agree with that
But the question is not "who is your favorite band" the Q is who is/was the best band.
alot of people rattled off groups they like to listen to and i cant argue with that. i like alot of the same bands but to say they were the BEST EVER?????
I am not a big beetles fan either but cmon can these other bands compare with what they did.
I agree with your take on Bruce as well

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
My opinion: The Beatles are the best/most important/influential band ever.

As opposed to my favorite band, which would be Led Zeppelin.

Top Bottom