Berms and Jumps and Flow

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Speaking of BMX, y’all seen this? I knew he was exploring mtb but now it’s legit. Can’t wait to see what kinda shit he comes up with. He is an absolute beast.

384590DA-9A85-41E9-ADF0-E5BAEC79AD32.png

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
It's real. I'm glad for Brad Simms, but I was sitting here thinking, "legendary? shit... this is the first time I've ever heard of the dude..." :shrug:
Watch this and it makes alittle more sense how he flew under the radar:

@Soundguy I am sure come up with some good stuff but it is kinda interesting to see how awkward he is on the mtb right now. I know it is hard to compare, but the seasoned mtb people are light years ahead of him on the mountain (for now)

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Soundguy I am sure come up with some good stuff but it is kinda interesting to see how awkward he is on the mtb right now. I know it is hard to compare, but the seasoned mtb people are light years ahead of him on the mountain (for now
I doubt he has any intention of racing or anything like that. I think he is just realizing he can go bigger on a bigger bike. He does look awkward on it right now, but dude has been mountain biking for like 6 months and I saw clips of him sending gaps in Utah (too lazy to search). It will be interesting to see where it goes. I expect a bunch of urban free ride stuff, but not all refined like Fabio. Just raw sends. He has a pretty creative eye for street features so it could be cool, especially taking that eye to the trails.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Watch this and it makes alittle more sense how he flew under the radar:

@Soundguy I am sure come up with some good stuff but it is kinda interesting to see how awkward he is on the mtb right now. I know it is hard to compare, but the seasoned mtb people are light years ahead of him on the mountain (for now)

Oh damn, I just watched the video. Some of the Utah stuff is at the end. Lots of BMX parts in there I hadn’t seen. Dude is a beast. You know how much power it takes to hit some of those wall rides then drop to flat from like 20’!? Savage.

don

Has anyone watched “Go Fast Pull Up?” Documentary about Jimmy LeVan? Lots of BMX history. Also kind of crazy his major head injury happened about 2 blocks from my apartment and he was treated at Morristown.
I haven't seen it but need to. Dude was an absolute madman in the late 90's. Austin church gap in Props is still one of the raddest things ever on a bike.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When guys like Joe Rich are shaking their heads in awe you know it was gnarly. And it is still pretty wild to watch. I absolutely love that era of dudes cranking at shit like they are coming out of the gate at ABA National. Thank heavens for Chase Hawk keep that style alive.

That’s why Jimmy was epic, dude could pedal his ass off because he started out racing. That’s also what I like about Brad Simms. You can see how much strength he’s throwing down. BMX and skateboarding both turned into nerdy tech in the last decade…. It’s cool to see a few people still just hammering.

Edit: the tech side is insane too. Skateboarding and BMX have literally become video game level from what I knew as a kid.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
That’s why Jimmy was epic, dude could pedal his ass off because he started out racing. That’s also what I like about Brad Simms. You can see how much strength he’s throwing down. BMX and skateboarding both turned into nerdy tech in the last decade…. It’s cool to see a few people still just hammering.
Dude, we get it, you like Simms 😂

Nerdy tech down 15 stair rails and gaps isn’t exactly fair: garret reynolds, Dennis enarson, Chad kerley, Nate Williams (and others) all those guys are so smooth it minimizes the difficulty of how burley it is what they are doing.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nerdy tech down 15 stair rails and gaps isn’t exactly fair
Lol that’s why I added my edit. It’s literally video game shit at this point. I busted out Skate 3 last night and was thinking “damn, people can actually DO these tricks now…” the progression is crazy. What will the next level be? Some dude landed the first triple flair the other day… where do you even go from there? Then you have the slope style dudes like Nicholi Rogatkin. I can’t even name any of the shit he’s doing because it’s so bananas. Just crazy to watch the progression across all genres.

Top Bottom