Berms and Jumps and Flow

Found this one on Vimeo while killing timehttp://vimeo.com/12658830

haha, I was at those trails that day when that crew came through. Kid from my town that was helping at my spot knows the Intense team and I intro'd them to the locals at Radiation.

There was a jam there this weekend a couple of us from here were there. That place is on a really high level. Maybe not like a Catty or Posh but pretty damn close. I'll throw some vids up when I have a chance. In the meantime Shore Cycles has some pics on their Facebook page. And I'll attach one of Alex boosting Snooki - that set was BIG

Attachments

• alex_snooki.jpg
    alex_snooki.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 174
Love the editing, riding and spots - will look to grab that vid once it comes out. But we don't need bigger mtns - just more people building and more spots to ride.
Agree somewhat. really cant beat that exposure feel and the loooong dh runs. Guess what I really mean is we need less rocky mtns to get serious flow like that.

http://vimeo.com/16810389

I finally edited the footage from last weeks jam. Wicked fun time - place was running mint.
That place is mint. Thanks

Agree somewhat. really cant beat that exposure feel and the loooong dh runs. Guess what I really mean is we need less rocky mtns to get serious flow like that.

That place is mint. Thanks

Me = dipsh!t. I just went back to that vid and realized I was looking at vid #5 with more of the dj footage. I see what you mean after watching vid #1 and agree a big 'ol mountain with some buffed trail multiple line options and manmade jumps would be treats. That place looked very cool. And service by a train to the top? Even better. Although I wouldn't be ponying up to hit stuff quite that big.

I would absolutely love building a long length trail like that - just flowy using the natural terrain for jumps. I heard Hartshorne had a DH problem - that would be a great spot for a controlled stunter trail :rolleyes:

Yeah, Radiation is so fun. Rode there again with some heads today. Packed as many runs into the short time I had.

Although I wouldn't be ponying up to hit stuff quite that big
I dunno why but gaps dont freak me out as much as DJs that send you straight up
:eek: just feels to me bigger consequences. But if permed trails like that were around I dont see why I.wouldnt try to ride them. I have to get myself to a proper DJ set and see how I do

Last edited:
But if permed trails like that were around I dont see why I.wouldnt try to ride them. I have to get myself to a proper DJ set and see how I do

They are around ansd scary as piss. Straight up or a 20' gap, the end result is still the same if you don't make the landing.

unfortunately DJ season will be coming to a close soon, unless it stays uber dry

DJ'ing for noobs

Hi, I just started mountain biking this year. I got a 29er I did cx races but, lately I've started beating on my bike. I think my 29'er is not made for taking drops and I'm kinda new so maybe I'm not smooth enough... I'm thinking about getting a new dj type bike and looking for some kind of beginner dj type stuff or pump track action. Does any one know any good places to ride around Montclair area or people who'd be willing to take a new guy under their wings?

Hi, I just started mountain biking this year. I got a 29er I did cx races but, lately I've started beating on my bike. I think my 29'er is not made for taking drops and I'm kinda new so maybe I'm not smooth enough... I'm thinking about getting a new dj type bike and looking for some kind of beginner dj type stuff or pump track action. Does any one know any good places to ride around Montclair area or people who'd be willing to take a new guy under their wings?

There's a new pump track sponsored by Jorba you can check out.

http://www2.jorba.org/index.php?title=Alexandria_Pump_Track

I think danxtj is from around your area and goes out there from time to time.

if you live in montclair you should head into NYC and check out the DJs they have up in the inwood area.

How many shop owners can throw stunts like this? Alex from Shore Cycles on the 20". This was actaully a mellow shot for him that day. Kid was murdering it.

And Miller on the 26"er folding it up. DH or DJ? Doesn't matter - he throws on either.

Attachments

• alex_rad.jpg
    alex_rad.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 193
  • miller.jpg
    miller.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 185
if you live in montclair you should head into NYC and check out the DJs they have up in the inwood area.

Oh yea, there's also a ton of stuff at Cunningham Park in Queens, which is further away, but worth it. The stuff is somewhat bigger there, but they have stuff in all sizes.

This brings me back to my bmx days. I think I need a new bike.

Back
Top Bottom