Berkshire Valley Road

Shaggz

A strong 7
Sean: I was driving along Berkshire Valley Road (from Rte 15), and it appears that there is a lot of wooded space, in particular on the right side of the road. Is that a WMA or state land? Are there any rideable trails?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
it's the rockaway river wildlife management area. tons of fun trails. if you go through my rides in the training blog you'll find maps of most of them. perfectly legal riding out of hunting season or any sunday.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i thought so. it looked like there was a parking spot or entrance somewhere near blue road(?)

anrothar

entirely thrilled
yeah, you can park down there, or on either side of the road by taylor rd/berkshire valley. blue rd is 'lower longwood lake', i live on upper longwood lake. those are all the trails i learned to ride on.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
they're mostly old farm/mining/logging roads, with several trails cut by four wheelers, and one singletrack cut by hikers. it's very washed out and rocky on the hills, and muddy on the one trail that runs the length of the valley.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
they're mostly old farm/mining/logging roads, with several trails cut by four wheelers, and one singletrack cut by hikers. it's very washed out and rocky on the hills, and muddy on the one trail that runs the length of the valley.

Interesting. Does it connect to MD? Maybe one of these days you can lead my sorry ass around those parts?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
yep, it connects to mahlon by several trails. connects to split rock/ farny on the other side of the mountain too.

Top Bottom