Votes: 1 7.7%
  • january 13th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • january 20th

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

anrothar

entirely thrilled
*WHEN: December 23, 2007 8AM - 7:30 sign in/riders meeting, 8:00 clock starts.

*WHERE: Start and finish in the parking lot for Rt 15 bicycles and Jefferson Diner, Rt 15 and Bowling Green Parkway in Jefferson Township. MAP

*WHAT: The first annual Berkshire Valley Buzzards Bash Marathon/Scavenger Hunt will involve a circa 43(+checkpoints) mile route through the parks and public lands of the berkshire valley in Jefferson Township.

*no really, WHAT?: there will be several optional out and back time bonus check points. not only will you have to ride or walk/run to the checkpoint, but you might have to do some searching once there to find it. hence the scavenger hunt. there will also be optional lines for time bonuses. these will be manned, if you ride the obstacle cleanly on the first try, you get the time bonus, if not, be on your way. cleanly means no dabs at all. just tires, pedals, cranks and bashring/chainring are allowed to touch.

*BUT.... : none of the checkpoints are mandatory, but all should be more than worth the time it takes to aquire them and get back on course.

*STARTING: clock will start at a certain time, sport will go off first, expert 30 minutes later, pro 15 minutes after expert. just to make it fair. results will be overall. if you have no race results, you will go off with sport. ladies can decide for themselves if they want a seperate class in the results, but will start accordingly with the gentlemen.

*ENTRY LIMIT: MAX 20 riders, MIN 5 riders.

*REQUIREMENTS: a cyclometer or gps will be required. a cell phone will be required. appropriate clothing for the weather will be required. 500 calories of food and 48oz of water will be required. maps and route slips will be dispensed. a compass is recommended. a couple of changes of wool socks are recommended. a convincing game face is recommended.

*SCORING: the final official finishing order will be determined by subtracting your time bonuses from your actual time. points will be awarded 15 through 1 down the chart.

*PRIZES: there will be prizes for the person who get's the most checkpoints, the shortest ride time, dfl, person who get's the wettest(several water crossings and this will be a winter event).

*ENTRY FEE: entry fee will be a six pack of good beer or equivalent(2 40s, 3 32s, 1 really fancy and high abv 32, case of cheap beer(pbr, bud, mgd, etc)). discuss if ye so desire. it will be 50% to the winner, the other 50% divided up amongst the other prize winners.

*Racers: monkey boy; pinkshirtphotos; norm; xc62701, panhead, graveyardman, ryderx, jimg, glancing aft, engignar....

*Volunteers: myself, shaggz, neen, jimex7. bonefishjake, walter....

*more info to come as the time approaches and details are sorted out...

*likely route for the event attatched below.

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i'm considering making the entry fee a six pack of beer or equivalent(2 40s, 3 32s, 1 really fancy and high abv 32, etc). discuss if ye so desire. it will be 50% to the winner, the other 50% divided up amongst the other prize winners.

if you make it to any checkpoint, you will get the time bonus. there is no chance of others getting all of them before you.

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
alright folks, vote on the date. i'll need racers and a handfull of volunteers. volunteers will only be needed for short shifts to man observed time bonus obstacles, and then to help figure everything out at the finish. volunteers will be awarded 2 series points for every hour of helping out they do up to a maximum of 8 points. if that's ok with norm.

N

Neen

Huh, it does not sound like you expect any girls to compete! :confused: Although 50 miles in December may be at my outer limit. So I'll offering to volunteer.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
perhaps there's a better way i can word that? i would love for women to come out and make a strong pressence in the field.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
you're more than welcome to come out and race though. any minors that show up will be competing for homemade trophies.

walter

Fourth Party
you're more than welcome to come out and race though. any minors that show up will be competing for homemade trophies.

My neighbor makes some really great homemade trophies.

Anyway, date depending, I could help out.

J

jimex7

Listen I dont think I can pedal 50 miles especially in december I am getting ready for hibrnation. I would like to volanteer so count me in for that as long as I am not working when date is established let me know

Top Bottom