Bent Saddle Rails

Take the saddle off the bike and try and bend it back. I have done it but the seat will bend again. You need a new saddle.

I don't think rails can be fixed. Its a pretty common failure for seats. Time for a new one.

damn wtb saddles this is the second time one has failed on me and i solely blame it on the crappy clamp i had on the seat post waiting for my thomson to come in

Two silverados down for me had 1 warranted. Ti rails need larger clamp like syntace p6 post. You'll have same results with Thomson (bent rails)...

Do you think leverage is the problem?
Have you looked at the saddle rails position and where it is being clamped?
Is the post grabbing the saddle somewhat close to the center of the rails? Perhaps a different seat post with more or less set back to center the saddle rails causing less leverage would help?
If that doesn't work get off the saddle more and let your knees absorb the bumps:)

haha no i had mine warrantied too but like i said i solely blame it on the post the bontrager post had some weird way of clamping to the rails and it was torqued on one side causing the pressure to be different on the rails. i have two of these saddles and the one on the thomson never had a problem and the bontrager took 2 saddles out of commission

Back
Top Bottom