Bent Lyrik Fork after a crash...Fixable ?

Mathers

Sorry to hear you had a bad crash. Sounds like you hurt yourself good. Have you been out of work for long period? Are you in a financial strap? Love to help out if that's the case and I'm sure others would too.
Thanks Matty. That is awesome to hear and I am very grateful but I am doing alright, just a crappy couple months.

I was out of work all November and was in the hospital for 3 days with some broken ribs and collapsed lung. My boss is awesome though and gave me the time off and paid me as well. Small companies have their benefits.
I also have Aflac as supplemental insurance because I do this crazy stuff. So that will help with some of the bills.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Thanks Matty. That is awesome to hear and I am very grateful but I am doing alright, just a crappy couple months.

I was out of work all November and was in the hospital for 3 days with some broken ribs and collapsed lung. My boss is awesome though and gave me the time off and paid me as well. Small companies have their benefits.
I also have Aflac as supplemental insurance because I do this crazy stuff. So that will help with some of the bills.
Well then, see post #13.

:thumbsup:

Fat Trout

I have the Aflac as well. I hope I never need it.....glad you have it! I'll only add (about the fork). Unless someone can give you the 100% fixed confidence it might be a bad thing to use again if only because of the mental uncertainty of it. Oh, I can't see it failing suddenly but if any uncertainty messes with your confidence it's a liability.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Such bullshit. You fall when you fall. Last run is when you’re tired. Should of had a beer rather than try and squeeze another run.
Chill, dude. Last run isn't always when you're tired. Sometimes it's just when you start to hit your stride and you have to pick up your kids from school by a certain time.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Chill, dude. Last run isn't always when you're tired. Sometimes it's just when you start to hit your stride and you have to pick up your kids from school by a certain time.
LoL. I’m m just messing around. 😁

Shoulda had the wife pick them up!

serviceguy

Thanks for the info that’s why I’m asking.
Paying hospital bills is taking priority over new bike parts right now. Again why I’m asking
I wasn’t aware of the fact that you had such a bad crash, it sucks to be spending money on medical bills instead that on stuff you really enjoy, but thankfully they get you back in shape so you can keep enjoying your life. Heal up soon!

sundaydoug

Thanks for the info that’s why I’m asking.
Paying hospital bills is taking priority over new bike parts right now. Again why I’m asking
Like someone else mentioned it's entirely possible the CSU has been compromised as well. If that's the case then the fork won't feel right even with new lowers installed.

But take it to a shop for sure. Once they pull the lowers they'll likely be able to determine if it's the lowers or the CSU (or both) that have been compromised.

Worst case scenario is that you have to replace the whole fork. Most companies offer some sort of crash replacement discount, so SRAM may help you out a bit if you need a new complete Lyrik.

Top Bottom