Bent Lyrik Fork after a crash...Fixable ?

Mathers

So I had a pretty bad crash at Creek the last day of the season and last ride of the day.

I finally got around to looking at my bike and noticed that when took the front axle out it wasn't as easy as it should be.

Looked at the fork and it looks bent from the tree impact. The impact happened at the top of near the crown which you can see in the 2nd picture.

Can this be fixed, I am not even sure what exactly is bent or out of whack.

Attachments

• 2C6FCFAC-5878-4A3D-9977-A3C25DD975B6.jpeg
    2C6FCFAC-5878-4A3D-9977-A3C25DD975B6.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 127
  • FCC91A56-98C7-4EBB-98DB-B049C5D229D8.jpeg
    FCC91A56-98C7-4EBB-98DB-B049C5D229D8.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 129
That's always when it happens.

I bet the lowers are twisted. Replacing them isn't a big deal, but if you were looking for an excuse to buy a new fork this is definitely that excuse.
I'd rather replace them if possible not looking to spend the money right now.

If it’s that easy, go for it! GLWR.
Not sure I’d want to ride it at that point. And the time and effort would be better spent on something uncrashed.

If it’s that easy, go for it! GLWR.
Not sure I’d want to ride it at that point. And the time and effort would be better spent on something uncrashed.
IDK if it is worth the time or not, that's why i asked

Reactions: w_b
Uhmm, the fact that the lowers are bent doesn't necessarily mean that the CSU is not bent as well...this to me is one of the cases where you get it checked by your LBS...while you enjoy riding a new fork...

This is why we always say this is going to be our next to the last ride when we decide to do our last ride at the Creek.
Such bullshit. You fall when you fall. Last run is when you’re tired. Should of had a beer rather than try and squeeze another run.

Beers always leads to another run lol
I tend to mess myself up on the first run when I’m balls-to-the-wall with zero warmup. If I can survive the first hour or DHing, I’m good for the rest of the day.

@Mathers sorry about the fork bro. Hope you’re recovered from the crash.

Uhmm, the fact that the lowers are bent doesn't necessarily mean that the CSU is not bent as well...this to me is one of the cases where you get it checked by your LBS...while you enjoy riding a new fork...
Thanks for the info that’s why I’m asking.
Paying hospital bills is taking priority over new bike parts right now. Again why I’m asking

I tend to mess myself up on the first run when I’m balls-to-the-wall with zero warmup. If I can survive the first hour or DHing, I’m good for the rest of the day.

@Mathers sorry about the fork bro. Hope you’re recovered from the crash.
Thanks man still haven’t been on the bike obviously. Just started feeling better enough to start again and now that’s on hold.

Back
Top Bottom