Bennington, VT Area

S

Shar0se

I'm going to Bennington, VT for 4th of July and would love to know of some areas near there to ride- any suggesstions?

MST.ESQ

I can't remember the name of the park, but it was on the north-west side of Rutland right behind a school and along the power line towers. It was small, with a fireroad that ran uphill (I think to a pond), but had one very fun, and very fast downhill switchback that make it worth the effort...

I think I found it on MTBR.com under the trail review section - but could not locate it again...

If you find something good, post it here!

MST.ESQ

Found it! Don't know if it is anywhere near where you will be, but... If you are not looking for lift access riding, this place was fun to loop around.

Look up "Rocky/Muddy Pond" in the trail directory. It is near Pine Hill School.

Madness

I used to live not far from Bennington in So. Londonderry when I was first starting my snowboard career. You are not going to be far from Mt. Snow or Stratton Mt. Both are resorts and have trails as well as crazy downhill courses. If all else fails you can check them out, you will be no more then 30 mins south of each spot.

S

Shar0se

Grafton State Park

I ended up going to Grafton State Park- about 20 min from Bennington into NYS. It was fun- small & pretty flat but techy.

Top Bottom