Belleplain SF Conditions

teabagger11

The single-track is usually good in my experience east creek trail though is usually hard hit by rain and poor drainage but hey it is flat no where for the water to go
That being said I will be there this Saturday if anyone wants to ride

teabagger11

Conditions report: I always start from east creek lot on 347 but knew both side of east creek would be bad with all the standing water everywhere so I took the sand road in from a little up fro the lot then jumped back on east creek and took to 2 which was in excellent shape after 2 headed to 1 which had some wet spots at the beginning I had to tip toe around then further in there was a flooded section I had to bushwhack around the rest was good then on to the 2nd section of 2 which was also good then on to 3 there was some dampness here and there and 1 big flooded area that I had to bushwhack around
Thx to the people that do/did all the cleaning up recently and also looks like east creek has been cleared also again thank you

kjarrett

Great ride report, thanks. Waiting for it to dry out a bit more; last time I was there, this happened (see pic). Several flooded sections, it was pretty awful, but still fun TBH. Sound like it wasn't quite as bad for you today as it was for me.

Also thanks for explaining what you do when you encounter impassable water. Was wondering. I don't mind a little bushwhacking but need to be sure I've got plenty of Permethrin treated gear on. Pulled a tick off my gear today after riding my home trails, that has NEVER happened before (I have never had to wear bug-treated gear there). Maybe a bad tick season ahead?

Definitely keep me posted as you think about rides there, looking forward to connecting.

Attachments

• 124461825_393412858678500_8019763143256342533_n.jpg
    124461825_393412858678500_8019763143256342533_n.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 149

pibbles

Ro
Rode belleplain today conditions were awesome even the worst sections of east creek were 98% dry
Rode BP today with Jim. Cleared some trees, fixed some logovers and debated the the stuff we have to go around. Everything is nice and dry, will be heading out with mower to chop up aome leaves so we can better see where we are going but all in all, awesome riding!

pibbles

Rode bp today. A fern touched my leg. Jim needs to mow.
Seriously, Jim is doing an awesome job at keeping this place in order, puttin the leaf blower away was a great idea and seems to help dissipate the standing water that was always present in the firecuts..thanks jim!

JDurk

Rode bp today. A fern touched my leg. Jim needs to mow.
Seriously, Jim is doing an awesome job at keeping this place in order, puttin the leaf blower away was a great idea and seems to help dissipate the standing water that was always present in the firecuts..thanks jim!
I truly believe that leaving the leaves in certain areas on any trail helps water get off the trail, similar to shingles on a roof.

teabagger11

Bring lots of bug spray and check for ticks often. Maybe consider the gravel roads too. It's prime chigger/tick season there now.
Took your advice and did some exploring instead of single-track
Since I just got done with a dioxycyclene?
Treatment a few weeks ago why tempt fate right?

teabagger11

Rode here yesterday conditions awesome a little grown in here and there
Check your socks and shoes I picked 7 ticks off them

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions