belleplain rides

pibbles

We had the inaugural ride today and had a turnout of about five people,although it seemed that several riders showed up a little late.I almost cleared the laurel section,but had to put my foot down once. That section will give you fits. We are having another ride on 11-17 12 and we're hoping with this advanced notice more people can make it. The trail is starting to bed down with more riding and I escaped chigger free today! always a good thing! Allen tells me that we should be having organized rides every two weeks or so. Come on out! A lot of work has been done here and more keeps getting done(if you can try and talk
Allen into letting us cut out some more laurel..it really is ridiculous..)

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
We are having another ride on 11-17 12 and we're hoping with this advanced notice more people can make it.

Are you meeting at Belleplain Forest's Lake Nummy Recreation Area parking lot? 9:00 am?

I've heard that Jim (aka: Chuck Norris) can clean both the Laurel Hell and Walt's Diner sections! :D

pibbles

Yep,9:00 am at Lake Nummy parking lot . I touched my foot down once at the laurel section,I was busy patting myself on my back for gettin' through as much as I did!

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Yep,9:00 am at Lake Nummy parking lot . I touched my foot down once at the laurel section,I was busy patting myself on my back for gettin' through as much as I did!

The laurel section beat me today, again. Maybe if I was riding Trevor's 24", I'd have a better chance. :D Thanks for leading the ride.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Great time guys lots-o-fun for sure and we climbed mount widmaier...

Frank

Sasquatch
Mt Widmaier was indeed a climb?

Attachments

• DSCN2660.jpg
    DSCN2660.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 465

pibbles

Thanks to everyone that came out for the ride,and thanks to everyone for making this trail possible. I can't believe that no one has thanked me for widening the pole pine section! I've tried to use the same method (flaying my arms wildly about while falling) in the laurel section ,but to no avail. Al is working on a somewhat regular schedule that we'll use during the winter if anyone is interested. We'll keep you posted!

Frank

Sasquatch
Thanks to everyone that came out for the ride,and thanks to everyone for making this trail possible. I can't believe that no one has thanked me for widening the pole pine section! I've tried to use the same method (flaying my arms wildly about while falling) in the laurel section ,but to no avail. Al is working on a somewhat regular schedule that we'll use during the winter if anyone is interested. We'll keep you posted!

Thanks for leading the ride, was definitely good for the soul. Allen was in his glory as evidenced by his huge grin....good stuff. You guys should be proud of what you've accomplished in a short amount of time. I say leave the tight sections, it's South Jersey tech!!

pibbles

Hey all,
Ride out of Belleplain on 1-5-13 Saturday,several local legends are planning on attending:Jim Costello,A.K.A. Sensei, Al Jackson,Trail master extrordanaire, Bill "if you clip out while falling you gave up" Charlton and Rick "I don't ride a mountain bike enough to warrant buying a nice new one" Lentz. Should be a fun ride,we meet at the lake Nummy recreation parking lot,ride out at 10:00.

pibbles

Ride this Saturday 2-2-13 at 10:00 am,come help us pack this washboard of a trail down! Meet at the Lake Nummy rec area parking lot,wheels out at ten,slower pace ride led by our very own Al Jackson,guaranteed slower than you,faster paced ride by "the carrot" Jim Costello. Come out and show the mountain laurel who's boss.

pibbles

three hardy souls showed up to ride in three inches of snow,there was a brief panic attack at the sighting of a "rock lobster" and a good time was had by all....
Bill

pibbles

Gonna ride again on 2-16-13 Saturday at 10:00 am,the plan is to keep up with Jim for as long as possible...I'm gonna try and wear him out at Ceres the day before... We meet at the Lake Nummy parking lot and wheel out at ten,hope to see you all then...

pibbles

10 count'em 10riders showed up when the weather conditions were less than perfect,but the trails thankfully drain fast. Thanks to the crew from Mojo Cycles for showing up and helping bed down the trail,it's getting better every ride,see everyone in two weeks!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions