Belleplain conditions

Mark S

Has anyone ridden Belleplain recently? Is it rideable? I’m thinking about heading there tomorrow. Any thoughts?

teabagger11

havent been lately but past experience tells me the single track should be good, sections of the east creek trail suffer from perpetual puddles

teabagger11

Rode Bellplain today condition were decent a few spots of water on 3 I benefited from the low temps the freeze/thaw may make things soft, a shout out to the trail gnomes who did some work since the last time I was there

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Got word from Millville Jim (aka: Chuck Norris) that he and Al Jax are nearly done with their post-summer clearing and brushing back of the Belleplain MTB single track. The bug situation remains until the cooler weather arrives though.

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
Rode BP today with jim jim aka chuck norris and the trail was awesome! The mowing over the summer was superb and the trail is fast and frozen! Mt Widmaier is as flowy as evah!
On a side note (and I know its no one on these forums) if you see an idiot with an orange can of spray paint marking a perfectly well marked trail, make 'em stop doin that. ..thanks

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
@pibbles emailed me that the Belleplaine MTB trails are currently prime.

In his words... *Jim did a good job brushing it back, might be rideable most of summer. He's gonna clear Mount Widmaier next!*

61916_4920882110966_1425434395_n.jpg

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Last edited:

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
current conditions at belleplain are heavy chiggers and some rerouting to do on 3. spray up and spray up again.....

Mark S

Thursday, I rode Belleplain and forgot to spray. I got killed by chiggers. Looks like I’ve got the plague. Worst attack I’ve ever had. I can’t put shoes on. May not ride there again till it’s below 30 degrees.

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
I wouldn't have been out there but got "SNOOKERED" into a maintenence ride that never should have taken place. I always do a a short quick ride to see what I have to deal with, thought that part had been done already, I'll post up when we can ride through end to end....

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
trail maint at 11:00 Tuesday the 15th. meet at Lake nummy. spray up, wear long pants gonna be some tree work mowin and reroutes....bring water and your favorite saw or clippers.....

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
I wouldn't have been out there but got "SNOOKERED" into a maintenence ride that never should have taken place. I always do a a short quick ride to see what I have to deal with, thought that part had been done already, I'll post up when we can ride through end to end....
As promised jorba jim and the south jersey wheelman crew cleared the trees and mowed section 3 at bsp and is now clear end to end. Spray up and keep it movin!

teabagger11

I rode belleplain today conditions were awesome with the cut back could really lean into the turns thx for the work
Lots of stuff down on both sides of the east Creek trails but great overall

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
Thinking about heading there tomorrow. How were the chiggers and ticks? Or is it still too warm for a decline?
Got spray left over? Id friggin use it. The 3rd arm you're gonna grow outta your chest from deet you can use to spray raid....better safe than sorry...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions