Beijing Smog

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I caught the tail end of a news piece (not sure what station it was) on the smog in Beijing and how it will affect the athletes. What drew me in when I first turned it on was an interview with Adam Craig, and he was talking about their schedule. He said that they are training in South Korea and will come in for the opening games, go back to South Korea, come back in to ride the course for a day or two, head back out and then back in for the event and then get out of town. They also showed a map of where the road team is and other sports and they are all over, I think the road team was in Tokyo or something.

They also showcased a runner that is the world record holder in the marathon and he is running a shorter event because of the smog since he has exercised induced asthma.

Kinda puts a damper on things with this smog bs....

Wobbegong

Great place for the olympics isn't it???? Lets have it in the most horrid air conditions possible, great thinking.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I am sure some of your say on the news the US cycling team arriving at the airport wearing face masks.

sixseven

If you havent seen this yet check it out:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufactured_Landscapes
Netflix has it. Unforgettable images of where all that smog comes from, and where most of the worlds tech trash ends up. Pretty grim stuff, the scale of everything there is just immense.

I just watched Lessons in Darkness, by Werner Herzog...great documentary on the oil field fires that burned in Kuwait after Iraq invaded. Some incredible images in that one too...they show the whole method of how they put out the fires. Incredible!

sixseven

Attachments

• china.jpg
    china.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 74
Top Bottom