Beginner Ride Anyone?

starflyr

i ride allaire and heartshorne all the time and wells mills is worth it you have to hit the white trail that is kinda hidden im on my way out there now!

when you get closer to the inside of the park there is a lot of ladder bridges, but this part of the park can flood really easy so avoid the bridges if there is alot of rain...

allaire and heartshorne are better but if your close you can have fun out here

jeepron

i ride allaire and heartshorne all the time and wells mills is worth it you have to hit the white trail that is kinda hidden im on my way out there now!

when you get closer to the inside of the park there is a lot of ladder bridges, but this part of the park can flood really easy so avoid the bridges if there is alot of rain...

allaire and heartshorne are better but if your close you can have fun out here

i will have to look for this next time out

starflyr

jus saw it is gona rain thurs till sat (or something like that!) so i was hoping to get in a few hours on wed. as the temps are gona hover around 40. mite actually be too warm and will allow the frozen mud to turn back to.....well uh, shitty mud! today (tuesday) is gona be in the 20s and that may be to cold for me, as i have no real cold weather gear and long johns under my chamois are not comfy. maybe ill go to the bike shop and drop 200 on a pair of bibs:p

elisa

wells Mills Kicked me into gear

rode for the first time @ wells mils...took the 8 mile loop...Lets just say; it was not easy riding..fun though..the beginning of trail, if you start to the right, is kinda tricky...roots, lots of short uphlls, sharp turns,narrow bridges and such...and there were a few narrow trails where they could use some tender loving TMC...all in all I'd go back again and again...worth the look see! Yay...:)

Yeah i went there the other day. Just stuck to the yellow trail. I think its like 3 miles or so. It was really muddy in the lower spots. The place could be alot of fun with a lil TLC.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I might want to take a look is there any directions to a "parking lot"?

elisa

to the wells mills

Heh Mike,
You'd probably enjoy it...great winter riding..def wear protective eye wear...here are some directions...theres only one way in so park right there!

Have super duper luper fun...:D

From the Garden State Parkway Southbound:
Exit 69 (Waretown); turn LEFT (west) onto Wells Mills Road, Route 532; proceed approx. 2.5 miles to park entrance on the LEFT.

From the Garden State Parkway Northbound:
Exit 69 (Waretown); turn LEFT onto Well Mill Road, Route 532; proceed approx. 2.5 miles to park entrance on the LEFT.

From Route 9 North or South: At traffic light intersection in Waretown(Ocean Township near Wawa and Hall Realtors (1.5 miles south of Oyster Creek), turn WEST onto Wells Mills Road (Route 532), proceed 5 miles to Wells Mills County Park (2.5 miles after Garden State Parkway overpass).

From Route 72 East or West: Turn NORTH onto Wells Mills Road (Route 532) and proceed 3.8 miles to Wells Mills County Park on RIGHT.

starflyr

Just so you know I rode it a week ago, the white trail is a swamp at mile 4.

say word is bond!!?? do you mean on the inner half of the trail? by all the bridges?

or are you talking about the part of white that is on the outside of the park?

i wanted to go here cause allaire is too far for me today. i have to stay in the toms river area all day

and i think there is a lot of potential out here, it needs some tlc

Last edited:

NikkyE

say word is bond!!?? do you mean on the inner half of the trail? by all the bridges?

or are you talking about the part of white that is on the outside of the park?

i wanted to go here cause allaire is too far for me today. i have to stay in the toms river area all day

and i think there is a lot of potential out here, it needs some tlc

Thats the one. Penns hill trail. Its really wet and mushy. The trail was completely underwater right after the "downhill" from the yellow/green trail crossing if you ride it clockwise. Oh and the ticks were off the hook!
I really like that trail even though its a hiking trail. I'll riding it again after it dries out more. It's worth getting yelled for by the rangers.:D
The yellow marks are the really muddy points.

Attachments

• wells mills mud.JPG
    wells mills mud.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 374

starflyr

Thats the one. Penns hill trail. Its really wet and mushy. The trail was completely underwater right after the "downhill" from the yellow/green trail crossing if you ride it clockwise. Oh and the ticks were off the hook!
I really like that trail even though its a hiking trail. I'll riding it again after it dries out more. It's worth getting yelled for by the rangers.:D
The yellow marks are the really muddy points.

thanks for the heads up, i couldnt ride today anyway:(

i talked to the rangers and they said all trails were open to bikes

rocknrollgirl

Thw white trail is signed no bikes. I am very surprised that the rangers told you it was open to riding.

And as far as ticks??? The ticks and chiggers are worse here than at any other park I have ever been too. We stay away from March till November.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom