Beef Wellington

walter

Fourth Party
I know, weird, but my wife and I watch Hells Kitchen and it seems that they are always making Beef Wellington. She tells me that she has never had it and wants to try it. I tried to explain to her that I think its primarily a banquet/wedding/catered affair type of dish, but still, she wants.

So, do any of you folks in this great state frequent any dining establishment thats has Beef Wellington on the regular dinner menu, or know of anywhere that does???

Thanks for the help, I hope.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Before kids we used to go out to dinner at least twice a week & I never had it or I ever remember seeing it on a menu.

I googled Beef Wellington/New Jersey & it looks like you're right about the catered type food.

Last edited:

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You & your wife need to get dressed up & crash a wedding or two, your best shot.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Found a place in NJ

http://www.njdiningguide.com/latour1.html

Latour
A French-American Grill
6 East Ridgewood Avenue
Ridgewood, New Jersey 07450
201-445-5056

Filet of Beef Wellington Napoleon
Modern style with layered puff pastry, wild mushroom duxelle, paté foie gras,
Madiera demi glace
Thirty-one Dollars

Shaggz

A strong 7
Make it yourself. Pretty simple:

- grill the filet,
- sautee mushrooms and shallots in red wine and olive oil, flame with cognac, off heat mix in some demi-glace (get it from williams-sonoma).
- Use peppridge farms puff pasty sheets, poke sheets with a fork, brush with an egg wash, spoon some mushroom mixture on top, place a piece of pate, tenderloin, and a little more mushroom mixture,
- close puff pastry, brush with more egg wash,
- bake in oven at 350 until pastry is golden brown

ArmyOfNone

You & your wife need to get dressed up & crash a wedding or two, your best shot.

Exactly my thoughts pull a Sean dance w/ the bride, pop a few bottles and call it a night.

How do you feel about this outfit for a night out?

wedding1_matangi_JGutekunst_i001.jpg

Top Bottom