Became part roadie this weekend...

rlb

I snagged a decent cannondale from craigslist on Saturday. I haven't gone clipless yet so I had to yank the pedals and put on an old pair of platforms. I didn't have a pedal wrench, so I found a cheap open ended wrench and took it to the grinder so it would be thin enough to get in there....But they were on pretty tight and the POS cheap wrench slipped. A quick trip to the LBS and $5 later the pedals were off.

I went for my first ride on Saturday. Not bad, it needs some adjusting but other than that I think I got a decent ride. Of course w/ the snow I can't ride it...and the temps look like they will be just high enough to keep us off the trails this week :mad: Can't win!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Ha!

Another dirty boy falls.
It's only a matter of time... you will all be taken over!
Muwahahahaha!
;)

Rob, spend another few bucks and get a proper fit.
It makes all the difference in the world.

doctor855

goin clipless on a road bike is very easy..i'm sure you'll pick it up in no time and the difference is notable. the speed of roadbiking is great.

F

frankinnj

I got bitten also by the road bike bug. I just bought a road bike 3 weeks ago. The guys I mountain bike with all ride road bikes and they have great endurance and climbing abilities, and they all attribute it to road riding. I'm not shaving my legs any time soon.

rlb

That's why I wanted to hit the road...There's been too much time between trail rides these days (like weeks...) and when I do get back on the bike I feel super slow.

Thanks for the suggestions. Clipless (mtb pedals all around) and a fit are on my list. I'll get to them some day!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Clipless (mtb pedals all around) and a fit are on my list. I'll get to them some day!

I have a pair of pedals I'll give you!! You'll just have to buy shoes. Nothing special Shimano 515's, but they'll get you started and I'm tired of all this poop taking up room in my closet. I would also have a pair of shoes if you just happened to be a 43:hmmm:

-Jim.

rlb

I have a pair of pedals I'll give you!! You'll just have to buy shoes. Nothing special Shimano 515's, but they'll get you started and I'm tired of all this poop taking up room in my closet. I would also have a pair of shoes if you just happened to be a 43:hmmm:

-Jim.

Thanks Jim I sent you a PM.

On a side note do you work in the Millburn store or the Sterling store? I work off of Main St in Millburn and I'm trying to put together a nice 15-20 mile loop for after work, but the roads do not seem very bike friendly around here. If you have any advice on decent roads I won't get killed on, it would be greatly appreciated!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Got it!!

I work in Stirling. If you go to our site you'll find routes that leave each shop, it will give you a starting point to work out some cooler roads in the area:D

-Jim.

Top Bottom