Bearscat 2020 CANCELLED :(

onetracker

We regret to announce that the 2020 Edition of the Bearscat 50/25 Mountain Bike Race is officially cancelled. Our primary goal is to promote events that our safe and fun. In light of COVID19 we feel that it is in the best interest of racers, fans and volunteers to cancel the event in 2020. Keep riding in a physically distanced manner and we will see you in 2021!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

As a fellow race promoter, I know how much shit you get in the best of times. I've seen the blistering that some promoters have take on social media and my salary of zero-fucking-dollars-and-zero-fucking-cents to do this does not cover that level of non-stop abuse.

mwlikesbikes

Reminds me of something...
6B5999DF-D7E3-4110-9590-1794C47EA847.jpeg

overbrook

could the proposed route for this season's race be posted / linked to so a not racer could just run an unofficial lap for strava glory or shame
thx for considering

mntal

As a fellow race promoter, I know how much shit you get in the best of times. I've seen the blistering that some promoters have take on social media and my salary of zero-fucking-dollars-and-zero-fucking-cents to do this does not cover that level of non-stop abuse.

I think people can make their own decisions whether they want to show up. Race should have been held. Your statement is true in any year or event, not just this one. If someone shows up, is scared about COVID, they have no one to blame but themselves - they actually brought themselves to the race. I am tired of life being cancelled over the flu.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I think people can make their own decisions whether they want to show up. Race should have been held. Your statement is true in any year or event, not just this one. If someone shows up, is scared about COVID, they have no one to blame but themselves - they actually brought themselves to the race. I am tired of life being cancelled over the flu.

until there is legislation that indemnifies and holds harmless all those involved, group events can't happen.
They have to be insured. do you think the insurance companies are going to write events in NJ ? (see my rant in CR thread)
Nor is the park likely to issue a permit anyway.
The organizer/volunteers/staff are the people who get to be exposed to everyone. Perhaps we should think about them,
instead of ourselves?

Multi-million $$ events are being cancelled over this concern. If there was any way to do those safely, we would know it.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
No. Black Bear should obviously be forced to put this event on, risk the health and safety of their volunteers, and lose money.

you've been contradicting me all day.
am i behind on your cut of my beer ?
your messaging is subtle.
;)

Joe J

First off please post under your actual name. Second could you name one cycling event in the state of NJ that has been held since this started? The state and local governments do not want events happening at this time I don't like it either but thats the way it is. To blame a group of dedicated race promoters for canceling an event in the current environment is total bull shit. 100% of our local promoters do this for the love and commitment to the sport and crap like this jepordizes there willingness to do it in the future. So if you have a problem with it Tough Shit.

Joe J

Last edited:

onetracker

Maybe you should consider if the volunteers or I want to show up.

Feel free to schedule, plan and execute a race if you “are tired of life being cancelled over the flu”. I bet I will not show up.

Last edited:

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just did a smallish trail running race today. And the whole time throughout parking/staging/starting/food-water stops/after-race area, I kept thinking "No fucking way this would work for any MTB or Cross race"

Top Bottom