Base Layer with Windstopper?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Has anyone used any of the base layers with the windstopper fabric up front? Just wanted to know if they are worth it. I know craft, perarl izuma and a few others make them.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have some OLD "windstopper" jacket that i rode with all winter. i quoted windstopper b/c when i bought it ten years ago it probably was. now...eh...not so much. either way, i'd go two/three wicking layers and that. i was usually warm on the road. in the woods it's a different story.

trener1

I have the Craft, I love it and I can honestly say that it is one of the best pieces of cycling clothing that I own.

walter

Fourth Party
I am a big fan of Patagonia, everything from base layers to hooded fleeces to my winter snow shoveling jacket. The stuff is top notch and I think its well worth the money. I usually layer stuff under my Pearl Izumi zip up windblocker fleece, it seems to get the job done on most days. I recently scored a Craft windblocker jacket after an alcohol induced late night binge shopping spree from Steep and Cheap, I think it was about $40. Not really cold enough yet to see how well it works but it is made really well and fits really good too.

Mare

Another vote for the Craft windstopper shirt. I like to wear it under a Kodiak jersey or something like that when it's cold. When it is really cold (especially on the road), I wear a windstopper outer layer (ie Pearl Izumi Vagabond). In the winter, I swear by windstopper stuff.

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Craft S2 wind stopper base layer is awesome. Louis Garneau also makes a nice one. I can't remember the name of it.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
so i was looking up the craft stuff, but couldnt find a specific one that looks good, and couldnt find the s2 either. You folks have any model names to look for?

Top Bottom