bargain hydro brakes

boondok

i just want your opinion on tektro auriga hydros for 49 in jensonor the hayes stroker trail for 65 bucks . ineed to know w/c is the better buy thanks

ArmyOfNone

If you are looking to save money, go for Avid mechnical dics brakes. I started with BB7's and they were great and offer good adjustability to adjust the pads when setting them up. They are going to be better than the cheaper hydros.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/12...id-BB7-Disc-Brake---Mechanical-160mm-2008.htm

Good call on these Kev. The bb7s will be better than any cheapo hydro youll find. And you will save yourself the headache of not having to bleed them.

boondok

modulation

but do the mechs offer any kind of modulation? I have juicy 5's and i like them except for the noise im thinking just upgrading them and moving my old 5's to my back up rig that im building

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
but do the mechs offer any kind of modulation? I have juicy 5's and i like them except for the noise im thinking just upgrading them and moving my old 5's to my back up rig that im building

modulation is decent and should be similar to your 5'. When i went from mechnicals to hydros, the only thing I noticed is the mechnicals require alittle more finger pressure than hydro brakes.

RNG1

modulation is decent and should be similar to your 5'. When i went from mechnicals to hydros, the only thing I noticed is the mechnicals require alittle more finger pressure than hydro brakes.

Yeah I agree, I had the mechs on both the Four and still have them on my Unit SS and I they are much better than I had expected them to be and less hassle.

RNG1

BTW if they have the Hayes Nines for that bargain still I would go that route. Pricepoint had for like 50 bucks. I know they may not be as light as others but I have these now and I have never had to do anything but change pads and I think they are great.

alex_k

Do they have reach adjustment? Will my 10 years old daughter be more comfortable with them than with bb7?

Yes and yes.... The BB7s are great, but even when perfectly adjusted, I don't think you can get a lighter touch than hydraulics.

I think these will be perfect for your daughter. I bought a set for my son (who was 13 at the time).

Top Bottom