bar ends

F

FallGirl1430

i'm convinced, i use them on most hills of any reasonable distance now. i would officially like to recommend bar ends on your singlespeed.

And would you guys also use bar ends on a geared sled?
I have a pair of Specialized Carbon stubbies, I think they look cool.
Everytime I put them on one of my scoots ... I take them off, I guess I'm scared of hooking a tree. Lord knows I could use help in climbing, climbing is one facet of my racing that needs work, although I am getting stronger. Any suggestions?
Fallgirl ... :)

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i could see them not having the same benefit on an active full suspension design, where seated climbing is preferable and easier, but i would recommend them on any hardtail or fs design that locks out when climbing out of the saddle. i don't know the physics behind why they work, but they do. any branch that you would get them caught on would smash your knuckles anyway, and the barends will protect you from smashing your knuckles on them. it really does make a huge difference during standing climbing.

dualfisted

makes climbing FUN!!!!

Been using bar ends on a riser bar on my fully rigid rig for years now. The old teardrop shaped Specialized alum. numbers,,,, too cheap or broke to buy new ones. I love them for all of the previous reasons listed, and, they do protect your hands in most instances. However, they're a do or die item, you either bump them off of something and your good, or, they hook onto something, your handlebar gets quickly tweaked to one side, and you go flying,,,,,, but, that always looks funny too, it's a win win. I'll only get rid of my bar ends to get different bar ends damnit.....

The Kalmyk

I just made a trade (Ergons with bar ends for ODI) on my new ride...Obviously more options with bar end from the prospective of hand positioning but not really for me....

Top Bottom