bamboo bike...

brybry57

ok I am a super late on getting in to this thread but this is awesome ! Bamboo is a great material to use which will make for a comfortable ride. Great work

warcricket

Like a Jerk
Rip

she died today at six mile. split in two at the top-seat tube junction as well as the down-head tube junction. clean cuts right on the borders of the hemp. broke while climbing no less... she had a good run and lasted longer than i expected. sorry no pics, camera don't work.

good thing i have a jig set up for a 29er as well as several THICK pieces of heat treated bamboo in my garage ;)

warcricket

Like a Jerk
Perhaps someone has a nice Steve Potts frame they could give you to use for your next project!

haha, thanks for the offer! but on my next frame i'll be using the jig that i've concocted so i don't feel like i'm ripping off a previous bike :eek:

IROnick

it's a shame it broke. in any case it was a fine piece of craftsmanship and you should be proud. it looked awesome!

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
DSCF0905.jpg

I have the same Bridgestone 100. The seatpost is the quill type and it's totally stuck in the frame. Maybe this is a calling for a winter project :D

martin

hey warcricket, i live close by and my camera works good =] give me a ring i'd love to take some pics/videos for you

warcricket

Like a Jerk
so I made another one

its lefty compatible, runs disc brakes, has and ebb, and sports a second top tube; but most of all, it rides awesome. lightyears better than my first.

IMG_1503.jpg

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
More awesome than the 1st! You should race that thing. Do you know if its ok to sand down the bamboo and resin parts to get the frame feel more streamlined?

warcricket

Like a Jerk
More awesome than the 1st! You should race that thing. Do you know if its ok to sand down the bamboo and resin parts to get the frame feel more streamlined?

you can certainly sand down the joints but I sorta dig the whole hand wrapped look. don't tell anyone but the next bike in the fabrication line is a fs tandem, it'll have sanded joints.

Top Bottom