Baldpate Challenege

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This week, @capedoc took this picture at Baldpate and the following morning I mimicked it, the following day Cody from Halters did and today @Mountain Bike Mike did and BOOM, the Baldpate challenge is born. This spot is at (or near) the highest point in Mercer County at ~480'. Coincidentally, the Delaware River is the lowest, which is at the bottom of this hill. While everyone loves to poop all over the pate, I have taken an active roll in maintaining it and communicating with park staff to remove large trees and such. Also the park has done some TM sessions and cut back a bunch of over growth. On the tail end of a few dry weeks, Baldpate is in the best condition we have seen in years. One cool thing here is that you can access this spot by MTB, Cross/Gravel or Road Bikes. It has an access road that is a great climb to the top or you can come up the trails. Sure there is a bunch of double track, but you also get to get alittle good tech and some steep climbing.

PrinceTec has stepped up and provided a SNAP light. Everyone who completes the challenge now through September 15th will be entered in a drawing to win the light.

ALL you need to do find the spot and take a picture (included the view) with you, your bike, or whatever in the picture. Post it on IG and use #baldpatechallenge

That is it! As a courtesy to those who dont have IG, I will cross post your pictures from here and enter you.

@capedoc bike
0A258CB4-AA29-4A9C-B9EA-C735B3F3356B.jpeg

Me the next morning
C559BFA0-9288-4A71-B0EA-302D274A0062.jpeg

The light you can win
4999FD27-4F4B-49BF-9BFD-1BCD13C7C7E2.jpeg

@Mountain Bike Mike setting it up this morning
450A3F40-1A36-4793-9F93-0B2F6E6FEB7C.jpeg

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
This week, @capedoc took this picture at Baldpate and the following morning I mimicked it, the following day Cody from Halters did and today @Mountain Bike Mike did and BOOM, the Baldpate challenge is born. This spot is at (or near) the highest point in Mercer County at ~480'. Coincidentally, the Delaware River is the lowest, which is at the bottom of this hill. While everyone loves to poop all over the pate, I have taken an active roll in maintaining it and communicating with park staff to remove large trees and such. Also the park has done some TM sessions and cut back a bunch of over growth. On the tail end of a few dry weeks, Baldpate is in the best condition we have seen in years. One cool thing here is that you can access this spot by MTB, Cross/Gravel or Road Bikes. It has an access road that is a great climb to the top or you can come up the trails. Sure there is a bunch of double track, but you also get to get alittle good tech and some steep climbing.

PrinceTec has stepped up and provided a SNAP light. Everyone who completes the challenge now through September 15th will be entered in a drawing to win the light.

ALL you need to do find the spot and take a picture (included the view) with you, your bike, or whatever in the picture. Post it on IG and use #baldpatechallenge

That is it! As a courtesy to those who dont have IG, I will cross post your pictures from here and enter you.

@capedoc bike
View attachment 102101
Me the next morning
View attachment 102099
The light you can win
View attachment 102100
@Mountain Bike Mike setting it up this morning
View attachment 102102

Photoshop oh yeah

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How many miles of trail here? If I go here how much ride time will I get?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
How many miles of trail here? If I go here how much ride time will I get?
One more question. Is it pronounced like “bald plate” with no L or pa-TAY like the duck liver food?

Maybe the duck used was bald?
With out the L, but patay sounds fun.

So baldpate proper is good for about an hour, you can do more if you do the stuff in both directions. However, you can link it to waterco by a trail called the greenway, with about a mile in the road. That being said, the greenway is pretty overgrown, as is half of waterco.

Also, a loop can be done through Washington crossing for a few miles

Baldpate proper as per robin:
E43A73F2-2022-4F99-AAAE-2DA5BF799F43.jpeg

Last edited:

carvegybe

I really like Baldpate. Ride my MTB quite a distance to do those climbs. But when I bring the bike in a car to reduce the commute then I add Water Co to the ride. Still have to walk a good chunk of the rock gardens but I stay on the bike longer each time I go. Really good for learning technical riding and getting that front tire on top of things.

https://strava.app.link/u0EHqgeu2Y

Attachments

• 20190721_075402.jpg
    20190721_075402.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 105

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I really like Baldpate. Ride my MTB quite a distance to do those climbs. But when I bring the bike in a car to reduce the commute then I add Water Co to the ride. Still have to walk a good chunk of the rock gardens but I stay on the bike longer each time I go. Really good for learning technical riding and getting that front tire on top of things.

https://strava.app.link/u0EHqgeu2Y
Hit it within the time of the challenge to get entered!

Top Bottom