bad day

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I know we all have em and today was my day. I ran over a rather large stick that got wedged in my wheel. Took me like 10 minutes to get it out only after scratching a nice memory into my rear wheel. As I was doing that, I ripped a finger off of my glove and then topped it off with a nice spill on my ass. Okay, so on with the ride so I can get this behind me. Crash! Crash! Crash! I just kept crashing. I have no clue why but I just couldn't grip the trail at all today. With all this, I should have just stayed on the trails I knew but nooooo, GPS in hand, I decided to map out a few trails and in the process got completely stuck in the middle of a totally sketchy river bed. Being stupid and not turning back I kept on going till I ran into ohhhhh like 10 trees cut purposely to block the trail. Kept on going and FINALLY hooked up with a trail I knew well. Still couldn't hook up with the trail, sliding all over, rear derailleur jumping around. So here I am, a scratched wheel, messed up derailleur, two bruises, cuts all over my legs, and I'm out a pair of gloves. :( ugh, tomorrow's another day.

Last edited:

NJ Jess

The worst is behind you

Yes, Bad days suck. But that is what having Really Good days so memorable. Everything is up from here. Summer starts this weekend. Jess

C

chainring

At least you didn't end up with poison ivy. Or did you?

I once did a little exploring and went of the usual trail. I had to carry my bike over a huge glacial rock garden. I fell into a patch of poison oak and got it all over. It got so bad I went to the hospital for an adrenaline shot.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
chainring said:
At least you didn't end up with poison ivy. Or did you?

I once did a little exploring and went of the usual trail. I had to carry my bike over a huge glacial rock garden. I fell into a patch of poison oak and got it all over. It got so bad I went to the hospital for an adrenaline shot.

No poison ivy and not even a tick. I was expecting at least a few ticks so I guess in the end it wasn't all that bad.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Hey Jason, sounds like an ok ride to me. No broken bones or dinner missed while waiting in the ER. :rolleyes: You can't master the trails everyday. Some days the trails get to win. It's a give and take thing, and as Jess said, summer is here, and all this riding is ahead of us. Don't let the frutrations ruin your ride. I bet some of those crashes were sort of cool. Right??

Yesterday I broke my rear shift cable while on a roadride in Harriman with the guys .:eek: I had to climb back out with only a 13 cog. It just became a mission to get home, and turned out to be pretty fun! Yeah, it's all good.

Frank

Sasquatch
EVERYONE has "Dork factor" days.I did yesterday.Played with the comp. adjuster on the fork and endoed over a big log pile I've done sooo many times before.Sometimes it's just dork factor.:eek:

Jason

JORBA.ORG
smarencik said:
I got my bike on the rack today - want to give it another shot after work?

YES!

I'm picking up my new seat and seatpost today. Oh and I guess a new pair of gloves now. :rolleyes: But after that, I'm ready to ride! What time did you have in mind?

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Nothing makes me get over a bad day better then some new goodies! Thompson Elite seatpost, WTB Pure V Team saddle and Fox gloves.

Old and New...

M

MikeM

Jason said:
I know we all have em and today was my day. I ran over a rather large stick that got wedged in my wheel. Took me like 10 minutes to get it out only after scratching a nice memory into my rear wheel. As I was doing that, I ripped a finger off of my glove and then topped it off with a nice spill on my ass. Okay, so on with the ride so I can get this behind me. Crash! Crash! Crash! I just kept crashing. I have no clue why but I just couldn't grip the trail at all today. With all this, I should have just stayed on the trails I knew but nooooo, GPS in hand, I decided to map out a few trails and in the process got completely stuck in the middle of a totally sketchy river bed. Being stupid and not turning back I kept on going till I ran into ohhhhh like 10 trees cut purposely to block the trail. Kept on going and FINALLY hooked up with a trail I knew well. Still couldn't hook up with the trail, sliding all over, rear derailleur jumping around. So here I am, a scratched wheel, messed up derailleur, two bruises, cuts all over my legs, and I'm out a pair of gloves. :( ugh, tomorrow's another day.
I know im a week late on this, but lower your air pressure

Top Bottom