Bad day of fishing still beats...

RNG1

So today I had one of those rare days where I could actually get out on the bike when I should be working so around 2:30 I get out on the road bike with hopes for a solid 3 hours headed into Rockland state park area and the hills surrounding. I felt pretty good and was cranking a pretty good pace until on a rough descent I flatted. Changed the tube pretty quick but I was really cold from getting heated up on some pretty long climbs so I was really rushing. Got back on the bike and less than a mile later had a 2nd flat. Amazing was that when I left the house something told me to take a 2nd tube and co2 so I felt like a genious at this point. Of course this time I took a little more time as a 3rd would have been a problem. I was really close to the spoon in upper nyack so I figured I would go in there and get a cup of hot tea and bring the wheel in and fix it indoors. Here I notice that fixing the 1st one a little piece of gravel had gotten into inside of the tire and caused the
2nd flat once I inflated. At least it was warm and I was able to dry off a bit and backtracked a little bit to a LBS I had passed to get some more tubes given the way the day was going. It was getting late at this point and the sun was starting to set and I had to get back to pick my kids up from after school thing so I hauled ass back with no issues. Of course I lost a lot of time with all this and the day did not go as I hoped. Barely got 30 miles (although lots of hills) in the 3 hours. But I have to say it was the best afternoon of "work" I have had in a long time and I loved every second of it.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So today I had one of those rare days where I could actually get out on the bike when I should be working so around 2:30 I get out on the road bike with hopes for a solid 3 hours headed into Rockland state park area and the hills surrounding. I felt pretty good and was cranking a pretty good pace until on a rough descent I flatted. Changed the tube pretty quick but I was really cold from getting heated up on some pretty long climbs so I was really rushing. Got back on the bike and less than a mile later had a 2nd flat. Amazing was that when I left the house something told me to take a 2nd tube and co2 so I felt like a genious at this point. Of course this time I took a little more time as a 3rd would have been a problem. I was really close to the spoon in upper nyack so I figured I would go in there and get a cup of hot tea and bring the wheel in and fix it indoors. Here I notice that fixing the 1st one a little piece of gravel had gotten into inside of the tire and caused the
2nd flat once I inflated. At least it was warm and I was able to dry off a bit and backtracked a little bit to a LBS I had passed to get some more tubes given the way the day was going. It was getting late at this point and the sun was starting to set and I had to get back to pick my kids up from after school thing so I hauled ass back with no issues. Of course I lost a lot of time with all this and the day did not go as I hoped. Barely got 30 miles (although lots of hills) in the 3 hours. But I have to say it was the best afternoon of "work" I have had in a long time and I loved every second of it.

Dude, where's the fish in this story? I kept waiting for Jaws to show up and it never got there.

Good to hear you enjoyed it. Much like the red coats, spring is coming!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Yeh, the conditions of the roads have been brutal this year. It seems like you already figured out that it is not how many miles, but how many smiles :).

p.s. I am officially back on the bike, if you would like to hook up this weekend pm me your contact info.

RNG1

How did you not get the fish reference? Ill finish the phrase:...still beats a good day of work.
Sounds good pix

RNG1

Oh...I'm a little ditracted as I am currently ina dentist chair on my bb

RNG1

I guess this is a wrap, nothing like the clean fresh feeling of having the back of your eyeballs scratched via the route of your gums...

Top Bottom