Bad beer during a pandemic?

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
BUD makes $1000000000000 more dollars than OH. Like I said, they would do it if they could.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
BUD makes $1000000000000 more dollars than OH. Like I said, they would do it if they could.
There’s a lot of infrastructure needed for that though, along with quality control that eventually goes quantity>quality. If they’re making money now, keep it simple. They’d go from brewers to CEO’s. Some people don’t like sitting behind a desk.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There’s a lot of infrastructure needed for that though, along with quality control that eventually goes quantity>quality. If they’re making money now, keep it simple. They’d go from brewers to CEO’s. Some people don’t like sitting behind a desk.

Maybe, but there's a big difference between a bit more money and f u money.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Also, originally we were talking about expanding to NJ, most densely populated state. Quality goes down 1%. Sales go up 20%. It would take a lot for someone to give up something around 6 figures a year (guesstimating). If they are so worried about quality, why did they expand their Brooklyn operation and make a Rochester operation?

If they can succeed going national, even at a small scale, I am guessing 7+ figures. Would you be able to resist that temptation, esp if someone else hands you a check for $20mil to give it a try?

Most people like to make more money, not less. But yah there is that 1% who don't care.

The reason why they don't expand is more than likely because they don't have the confidence that their product will succeed at a larger scale (what % of the population actually like hazy IPAs - I'm willing to bet very small) and/or no one wants to put up the money.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Maybe, but there's a big difference between a bit more money and f u money.

Check out the HBR case on Dansk.

I'll cite Shape of Hops to Come. We'd have to line up, or hope our store got a shipment of Shapes 4x a year.
Now that it is available all the time, and it isn't as good, I never buy it.
If they want more $$$, just charge a bit more.

How about franchising? say 250mi radius? Of course as soon as the recipe/process got out there,
and the lack of barriers to entry, they'd be screwed.

If they were interested in FU money, it might be easier for them to just sell the brewery.

Treehouse is an amazing operation. I vote for "A Treehouse grows in Brooklyn"

Top Bottom