Backyard Bike Park

are the features all free standing? Looks like none are sunken
btw, that's one huge backyard and sick drop shot (look at the front wheel height, gotta be proud)
Mostly free standing, but solid ( no movement while riding on). The longer section and skinnies are leveled and held in place with stakes on either side.

And yeah my boy is fearless. Going to be fun watching him grow! Thanks :)

He likes to jump off of it like this too

IMG_20191231_163658_166.jpg

Have any of you ever built a wooden berm and have some basic plans or guide for building a basic one not too extreme? With the quarantine downtime, i'm thinking of adding to the logover in the yard and making a 180 wall ride to loop back around again--you get a bit of momentum after rolling down it. I'm thinking something like a glorified wooden berm either with a single angle that steepens in the apex and slackens in the entry/exit or a dual angle, depending on which has easier math or cheaper resources.

Something like one of these two:

3c420e26fd142493e552e0d066ce0563.jpg

591bca6c8213c43560fd388f4dd631e7.jpg

The last thing I want to do right now is make a trip to the ER.
Sound advice at any time.

However, i think it would be many sleeps before i had a rideable berm to play on, hell, i dont even have the plans or supplies to start yet.

Reactions: Tim
Sound advice at any time.

However, i think it would be many sleeps before i had a rideable berm to play on, hell, i dont even have the plans or supplies to start yet.
I get it. I have all kinds of things I want to do around the house right now. Since I have a little more time. Of course I have none of the materials for those projects...?‍♂️

Have any of you ever built a wooden berm and have some basic plans or guide for building a basic one not too extreme? With the quarantine downtime, i'm thinking of adding to the logover in the yard and making a 180 wall ride to loop back around again--you get a bit of momentum after rolling down it. I'm thinking something like a glorified wooden berm either with a single angle that steepens in the apex and slackens in the entry/exit or a dual angle, depending on which has easier math or cheaper resources.

Something like one of these two:

View attachment 122114

View attachment 122115

Holy shit this is awesome. I want to build one of these now.

Back
Top Bottom