Avid Bleeding

mtnbiker5

Hey Guys. I'm about to do the unthinkable, bleed my Juicy Ultimates. Gulp! I picked up Avids 2008 Bleed Kit, been reading inside and out in the my sleep the instructions. About to take the plunge. It keeps mentioning this "Bleed Block" however, something you put where pads are after you remove the pads to prevent the solution from getting in there. Where the hell do I get one?! It never came with the kit! Is this even necessary to do and if so would my lbs have one? Thanks.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Hey Guys. I'm about to do the unthinkable, bleed my Juicy Ultimates. Gulp! I picked up Avids 2008 Bleed Kit, been reading inside and out in the my sleep the instructions. About to take the plunge. It keeps mentioning this "Bleed Block" however, something you put where pads are after you remove the pads to prevent the solution from getting in there. Where the hell do I get one?! It never came with the kit! Is this even necessary to do and if so would my lbs have one? Thanks.

Its super easy, you just need something that will keep the pads/pistons from pushing out of the caliper. Just leave the brakes and wheels on your bike, the rotor will take up the extra space.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Yep. Leave it all together and bleed away. Just follow the directions. I did one last night, took about 5 minutes.

ellbiddy

Bleeding avid brakes is on the verge of enjoyable, their kit makes it a snap....bleeding my hayes brakes on the other hand...nightmare :(:mad2:

mtnbiker5

Avid Bleed

Hey just wanted to thank you guys for help on the Avid bleed. Very easy to do. Picked up the bleed kit at Campmor few weeks ago and followed the instructions. I also printed out instructions from Avid's website, little different than what was in the box but you were right, so easy a caveman can do it. Pretty cool as well. Brakes have been perfect ever since. Thanks again.

Top Bottom