Augusta Mine Trail Machine Building Has Started

MuniMan

Machine work started last Monday. So far about 300’ of machine built trail on top of 700’ that was hand built.

The section that was made this week was incredibly rocky. The machine is immensely faster than building by

We will have a volunteer work day this coming Saturday, November 13. Please come out and help for a few hours. Make this section of trail ‘yours’.

PalisadesMTB work day

CB48D150-9061-4D36-84ED-AAFB6FE8E2CE.jpeg

CC41CFE9-CA79-419F-B140-0BD2512ECB3B.jpeg

AF061FB5-875B-49BA-8CF1-C0BB47493753.jpeg

45C8EE55-0A1A-4C57-8A4F-4E3759A0981C.jpeg

AC92E299-FE4F-4ADA-A61E-B1ACCC1A205D.jpeg

DA0C4314-AAF9-4F9F-A8A4-26B55F1455AE.jpeg

Last edited:

chris12453

What side is this from. The newest hand build side, or further up at the intersection before the big downhill?

MuniMan

Were all those rocks sourced near the trail or were they quarried elsewhere? They seem really 'clean' compared to what you would usually dig out at trail side. Impressive regardless.
The rock all came from within reach of the trail. The first section that was machine built was incredibly rocky.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
So ran into @MuniMan today(thanks always for the incredible work you do) and had a sneak peak at a portion of the 5 mile Augusta Mine trail. To me it has kind of Kingdom feel to it(on a smaller scale obviously). Incredible flow, bermy, stuff to pop off of and beautifully constructed. Palisades MTB is doing another push for donations as it cost $$$$$ to rent the heavy equipment to build these trails(plus it’s WAY faster than by hand). Really amazed that such trails can exist in this area.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Just a reminder to those that have not explored over at Sterling, that a good portion of Augusta mine trail is roughed in for riding as an out and back. It can give you and extra 20-30 minutes of riding. It is somewhat different than some of the other trails at Sterling and very well built. When complete the improved loops in this area of the park will add to a broader riding experience, plus will offer some dramatic scenery. Palisades MTB are still taking donations and posting up volunteer days if you want to get involved. Much of the project is supervised by a professional trail builder and can offer a great experience to learn if you have interest in volunteering!

V-Dub

Just a reminder to those that have not explored over at Sterling, that a good portion of Augusta mine trail is roughed in for riding as an out and back. It can give you and extra 20-30 minutes of riding. It is somewhat different than some of the other trails at Sterling and very well built. When complete the improved loops in this area of the park will add to a broader riding experience, plus will offer some dramatic scenery. Palisades MTB are still taking donations and posting up volunteer days if you want to get involved. Much of the project is supervised by a professional trail builder and can offer a great experience to learn if you have interest in volunteering!
I stopped by to check it out yesterday....pretty sick stuff!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions