Audi Allroad at Ringwood

idbrian

Crotch Rot
So does one of the posters on here drive or know someone who drives a gray Audi Allroad with two bike mounts on the top. After my ride today i drove past you near Ringwood, we both had his and hers bikes on top of the exact same car with the exact some mounts.

I like your style, lets hang out.

don

Not my allroad (well could be if he bought mine a few years ago) but here is a pic of mine the summer before I traded it in on a B6 S4. It was a fun car and great for hauling the bikes and gear. I had it with the 2.7T and 6 speed manual. Added GIAC programming to it and that opened her up a bit for being a heavy car. The airbag suspension was the only thing I couldn't live with.

allroad_200504_front.jpg

don

What is wrong with airbag suspension, other than if it breaks i'm broke?

Nothing for most people. I just didn't like how it took bumps and the overall feel of them. Plus it was hard to lower the car with them. Some of the allroad guys on Audiworld.com swapped out the airbags for a coilover setup. I saw some pic and read some reviews and it looked and sounded great for someone that wants performance especially if the bags go south.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Some of the allroad guys on Audiworld.com swapped out the airbags for a coilover setup. I saw some pic and read some reviews and it looked and sounded great for someone that wants performance especially if the bags go south.

That is good to know, will have to remember that.

Was parked at Ramapo soccer lot yesterday and after my ride saw another gray allroad parked there with a bike rack. It didn't have two tones, only one. I see a lot of those and i wonder are they all custom painted to get rid of the two tones? They look cool without the two tone but not to the point of paying for it to get done.

Top Bottom