ATVs in Allamuchy

crashcanipe

Just finished riding in Allamuchy (the white trail with a detour over Ice Cream) and noticed that the trails have a little damage from ATVs or motorcycles. As I got near the Boy Scout area, sure enough, 4 ATVs came by. :mad:

I love ATVs and ride them quite often but only in areas where it is allowed. I'm not sure who to contact but thought I would let you guys know.

Barry

pinkshirtphotos

its wrong, but atvs were allowed to ride there back in the day, i dont see harm in them still riding there if they dont destroy anything

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I 've noticed they've been slowly coming back to the area and it's a good thing. The state did 1 concentrated push a few years back to chase them out and the place has been in shambles ever since. Hopefully w/ all the new land aquisitions to the park they will be legal users soon.

crashcanipe

I've got really mixed feelings on this as I would love to ride my ATV in Allamuchy. There is no problem when it is dry out, but they do more damage to wet trails...kind of like bikes.

The Collective

I hear lots of guy talking about 'sweet singletrack'. Not so much talk about singletrack blown out buy quads into 'sweet double track' on the Collective or Roam.

'Singletrack' great magazine.

I don't think 'Single Track BLOWN OUT BY QUADS INTO DOUBLE TRACK Magazine' does so well.

Quads on single track = significant trail damage.

I don't enjoy putting in hours of work to have it wasted by some atv.

Last edited:

hoof

A wise philosopher once asked "Was it really sweet singletrack if you could ride a quad on it?"

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Who to call..

Bottom line is ATV/moto use in the parks is illegal. Who to call - the Park at 973-398-7010. Tell them where you saw them and give a description of the ATC and rider (hlemet color, jersey or other clothes).

The only way the P{ark will take actionis if folks report the use and the sectionof the Park. All is should take is one ATV getting busted and the rest should stay home!!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions