ATV Illegal Use Reporting

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
95% of Allamuchy,Stephens /Saxton was merely flagged and roosted in. It was flogged relentlessly by tens of thousands of orvs for DECADES and it was fine. The most damage I've seen was from the tropical storms/hurricanes not orvs. The place has declined rapidly since their departure and they will be back eventually so lets all play nice ok...............

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Good luck with that. My CRF450R for instance cannot be titled because of already installed state regulations. Sales tax? I would not buy a bike in this state anyway, went to PA and saved $1500. Sanction regulated use? They are illeagal to ride anywhere already. Still has done nothing for the problem.

I used to just walk in to DMV with all the paperwork for the full amount of sales tax and even with the "off road use only" stamp on my dealer doc they would usually print me out a tile and reg within two tries.My race bikes had title,reg,and ins so all i had was no inspection. It was a bit of effort but worth the peace of mind.

F

FallGirl1430

I wonder how many current & former moto guys (& gals) there are on this forum.

This Gal is a former MXer, 18 years of racing, I still wish I had my bike. I had a 02 CR250 2 stroke, I had retired from racing in 2000, got the itch once again. My first race back was in March of 02 at a surpercross nite race in south Jersey. I was the only expert woman rider so they put me in with the 30+ expert guys. I got the holeshot and did the double out of the first turn and a guy bumped me in the air, I landed on my right shoulder breaking it in 12 places. I drove home and that was the last time I raced. I won a few stadium supercrosses (Giants Staduim twice, Foxboro and Daytona)district 6 women's champ, NJ State Champ and a bunch of wins at Raceway Park. Hmmm, a CRF250 sure would be nice, got the itch again .... UTOH! :D

Christina ... :)

Wobbegong

This Gal is a former MXer, 18 years of racing, I still wish I had my bike. I had a 02 CR250 2 stroke, I had retired from racing in 2000, got the itch once again. My first race back was in March of 02 at a surpercross nite race in south Jersey. I was the only expert woman rider so they put me in with the 30+ expert guys. I got the holeshot and did the double out of the first turn and a guy bumped me in the air, I landed on my right shoulder breaking it in 12 places. I drove home and that was the last time I raced. I won a few stadium supercrosses (Giants Staduim twice, Foxboro and Daytona)district 6 women's champ, NJ State Champ and a bunch of wins at Raceway Park. Hmmm, a CRF250 sure would be nice, got the itch again .... UTOH! :D

Thats an hell of a resume you have. Must have been sweet to ride/race in Giants Stadium.

F

FallGirl1430

Thanks

Thats an hell of a resume you have. Must have been sweet to ride/race in Giants Stadium.

Thanks, it was sure fun times, but with many injuries too. Racing at Giants Staduim was cool. Just being inside was a huge rush. Sometimes I wish I had a bike at the H2H races ... lol. Having rode mx bikes for all those years has help with the transition to MTB.

V

vs779

As a current mx racer I have no problem calling the cops on illegal riders. Most of these atv and dirtbike guys you see around are just local yahoos ruining the sport and its reputation. I know of 10 legal riding spots within 1.5 hours of Morris County.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Wow awesome! I assume you mean atco in south jersey? Giants staduim? man the last race I can remember there was the 1987 camel SX. Well congrats on your career.

I actually spent last weekend teaching my GF how to ride. Borrowed a friends XR-80 and had her do laps in my driveway. So far she has only crashed into my house once so I think she will be clearing the elevator at e-town in no time:D

pinkshirtphotos

i just got a crf150, what a blast it is! i live on a bunch of acres that goes onto a bunch more acres. I can leave my house by the schools in vernon and ride all the way up into pine island ny. great woods bike. im actually putting dh riding on the back burner till i get into college. XC and moto are my things.

gtluke

The Moped
once the hippies rid the forrests of ATVs they'll set their sites on MTBs
i'm pretty sure there isn't a single acre of land i can legally ride my mtb on in my county (essex) because of this mentality.

F

FallGirl1430

Wow awesome! I assume you mean atco in south jersey? Giants staduim? man the last race I can remember there was the 1987 camel SX. Well congrats on your career.

I actually spent last weekend teaching my GF how to ride. Borrowed a friends XR-80 and had her do laps in my driveway. So far she has only crashed into my house once so I think she will be clearing the elevator at e-town in no time:D

Hi Anrothar :) Actually being in the air on a MTB and a 224lb MX bike, for me, is alot different. Everytime I do jump my MTB I seem to tip to the right, since the MTB's are so light just the tip of the head may cause the tipping. On the MX bikes since they are much heavier that ofcourse track better. If they start to lean to one side, just simply weighting the oppisite foot peg will bring the bike back, or last resort WFO.. lol, holding the gas wide open will straighten the bike too, just as if you jump and your front wheel is coming up tapping the rear break will drop it and the same is true if your starting to endo hold the gas wide open will level you out. Sorry for babbling, but I miss riding alot.
Utah Joe, yes it was Atco Raceway, back than the track was awesome all surpercross. I had such a good practice that day and won my heat. They had a cool triple-triple section, than in the main I crashed. And it wasn't my fault, thats racing I guess. Yes it was the Camel SX, I raced at Giants Staduim in 89' and 90'. In 1990 a racer had hit a hay bale that was laying in the track and was badly hurt, he wound up sueing the Medowlands and they stopped having races there. Good for your GF that she wants to learn to ride and the XR 80 is a fun bike to ride. I wish I was still riding beacuse now there are quite a few series just for female racers, even at the national and pro levels.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
on your mtb it might help to whip it a bit. seems to keep me more upright when airborne. if i try to just jump straight i have a tendancy to lean to one side, like you said. kick the back end out a little, and everything's ok.

V

vs779

Womens racing is getting a good turn out at Raceway Park last race there were 17 in the gate.

Tonight 9pm on Speed MX Nationals Round 1

F

FallGirl1430

on your mtb it might help to whip it a bit. seems to keep me more upright when airborne. if i try to just jump straight i have a tendancy to lean to one side, like you said. kick the back end out a little, and everything's ok.

Wow thanks Anrothar, good info I'll give it a try. I can do the "Bubba Scrub" (on smaller jumps) perfected by Team Kawasaki's #7 James "Bubba" Stewart. As he hits the face of a jump, just before the take off, he *pancakes* his bike which lowers his trajectory keeping him closer to the ground and allows him to save time. It's an amazing thing to see

Second Quote by jtLuke:
Womens racing is getting a good turn out at Raceway Park last race there were 17 in the gate.

Tonight 9pm on Speed MX Nationals Round 1, now all the pros are doing it.

WOW 17 on the gate, when I was racing I was lucky to have 5 at Raceway Park!

Top Bottom