Attachments not uploading?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Why can't I upload any attachments? I even took a JPG Norm uploaded, tried to upload it myself, and it wouldn't work. What gives? New security measure?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As a workaround, you can sign up for a flickr account (or whatever) and link images from there. Even when the gallery is working I prefer to do that as it allows you to post full-size pictures, where the gallery will just show thumbnails in the thread that need to be clicked by the user.

Regardless we'll try to get it back up asap. But Rashid wants you, bitch!

Shaggz

A strong 7
expanding on what norm posted. we will eventually get the gallery up and running. however, it would still be preferable if you stored your photos on a free service, such as flickr or picasso. this will help us with bandwidth, keep the database smaller and will allow you to embed the image into your post in a viewable size, as opposed to opening them up in a different window.

simple, just post the hyperlink to the image bracketed by .

will use stb22's boo boo as an example (no spaces):

2178307338_5dbe6f0d63.jpg

or you could use the insert image function (the yellow button on the post tool bar with the mountain on it). CLick on the button, and paste the URL location in the pop up window and click OK.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK, here's the thing about flickr, they add "?v=0" and such at the end of the URL. So in Steve's example it turns into a link. Remove everything after the question mark and then you can get real images of man flesh at your disposal:

2178307338_5dbe6f0d63.jpg

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
AYE AYE, Admiral!

Are you implying this is a customer service issue? :p

Sirs,

While I understand you are very busy, and are very busy indeed aiding in promoting the local mountain biking community, I would kindly recommend you recognize it is not me with my sketchiness and odd phrasing of things but rather you and your customer service, which is very important to any web site forum and especially a local mountain biking forum, which I again am in great appreciation of your work in doing so. But yes customer service is what's going on here and not me or my sketch. Thank you sirs,

Not a hacker

Top Bottom