AT&T vs Verizon wirless for coverage, strava, etc

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yup phone auto corrected, I really don't have an issue with coverage and like it a lot the down side is if you use data all the time.

i usually use 1-2gb a month of data, my wife almost nothing (i dont have wifi that i can connect to at work).

Tim

aka sptimmy43
did you mean project FI? iv been someone skeptically looking into it. need to chat with someone who has it, been with verizon all my life (well as long as iv had a phone) and a little hesitant to give up known good coverage.

I had Project Fi for a bout a year but got rid of it about a year ago. I ditched it for Verizon. Fi is quirky in that is uses several different carriers based on the signal strength. It doesn't always transition between them or wifi smoothly. There is a very small selection of phones that will work on it. If one of them is what you want then it could work out for you. The theory of it is awesome, the execution not so much.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I had Project Fi for a bout a year but got rid of it about a year ago. I ditched it for Verizon. Fi is quirky in that is uses several different carriers based on the signal strength. It doesn't always transition between them or wifi smoothly. There is a very small selection of phones that will work on it. If one of them is what you want then it could work out for you. The theory of it is awesome, the execution not so much.

I've only had issue with my old phone nexus 5x, I have the g6? now and its been great. My wife has the newest pixel and she loves it if you aren't picky about your phone the selection is fine and if you are always in wifi you will always have signal. I wouldn't recommend it if you were always on the move but I'm a fucking plant.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
...The theory of it is awesome, the execution not so much.

this is kinda what i was afraid of, i cannot sit still, and im all over the state so picky about switching to a good signal would likely drive me nuts.

as far as picky about phones, iv had galaxy phones for my last 3, but the pixel phones are pretty nice too from what iv seen so thats not an issue.

rlb

I need to ditch VZW. I live 2 minutes from CR and my service is shit at home. VZW essentially said yup, service sucks on your street, too bad. I had been considering ATT but I think I would save money on fi even at the highest data rate (My wife and I use a lot of data). I have a pixel to bring, but she's got a Samsung phone <1 year old so I'd need to deal with that. Still may be worth the hassle for almost $100 less per month.

Any others with f experience? @sptimmy43 what phone were you using?

Tim

aka sptimmy43
@sptimmy43 what phone were you using?

I had a Nexus 6P which was the last Nexus before the Pixel was released. Honestly, most of my issues may have been related to the phone. It started out ok but it aged quickly. The battery really took a dump after about 8 months. I've had iPhones, Windows Phones, and Samsungs on AT&T, the Nexus on Fi and now an iPhone on Verizon. I don't think there is an advantage of AT&T over Verizon or vice versa but I do think they are both better than Fi, especially if you are "on the move." I've settled on an iPhone so that takes Fi out of the question for me.

Top Bottom