Ask Norm Next Tuesday

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For some reason Cat's Cradle (Vonnegut) comes to mind, even though it's not dystopian. Noticed The Stranger on my bookshelf today...but I'm not sure that would be a good read during this period of isolation.
Yeah, this feels more like a No Exit kinda time.

ilnadi

@Norm, how do you always look so cool and kewl on those videos while the rest of us look like the TV interview of the redneck friend of the redneck who Darwin'ed hisself.

LukeW

@Norm Are the plans yet to cancel the upcoming MTBNJ events like Stewart due to COVID-19 or are they still on until further notice?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Working construction for 36 years
Spacklebucket shitting pro here.
You learn real quick to pick up a bucket before opening :)

I used to hang drywall for my dad growing up. I've got some pretty good pooping on the job stories from back before there was always a Porta John.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a question
Did your eyes not fade in the 40 somethings. Dont ever see you with cheaters.
Just wait till the 50 somethings come around. That loud rock n roll from youth leaves you a loud case of tinnitus.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a question
Just wait till the 50 somethings come around. That loud rock n roll from youth leaves you a loud case of tinnitus.

This is me on the couch right now. Just for you my man. Got these things laying all over the house. Every room.

26A28479-52AE-45BD-A1F1-3845F679833F.jpeg

Mathers

I have a question
Damn not looking forward to that, my eyes started going last year. Never had issues before now I have to close one eye to read

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

My tinnitus is so bad now it sucks. I dread as I get older. Had a lefty drummer who was a massive man. Could pick me up with one arm. Dude would crush his china cymbal like it was his job. That, plus all the other rock and roll I played, claimed my left ear function by 30%.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My tinnitus is so bad now it sucks. I dread as I get older. Had a lefty drummer who was a massive man. Could pick me up with one arm. Dude would crush his china cymbal like it was his job. That, plus all the other rock and roll I played, claimed my left ear function by 30%.
Mine is dreadfully annoying, almost cant stand silence.

ilnadi

I was NOT being facetious, I have seen myself on video and I can't even understand what I'm saying. Ok, the last one was me and my father-in-law drunk and making fun of Belgians; so maybe not a good example.

My father had a story of being in a nightclub in Paris, where when you closed the door in the bathroom the lights dimmed and the wall to your left revealed the dance floor. He said (after not crapping) all night he watched people run out of the bathroom and look at that mirror wall.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I think there was a thread on here a while back about handle explanations that I never responded to because it wasn't that interesting, but here goes:
In the days before mountain biking I had a few M3s and the only online presence that I had was on an M3 forum. The name TimK was taken, so I went with M3Tim. When I found MTBNJ (in 2007!), I figured I'd make my life easier by just using the same user name (and god-forbid password!).

Fast forward 13 years, and I never visit the M3 site, but I'm on here almost every day (my wife calls it my "Facebook" :D ).
So anyway please change my name to M3CakeHiFiRX1.0TarmacFortGMCHightowerFatboyGSTim please.

On second thought, please don't.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
The thing is that Max doesn't drink. At all. If I remember correctly.

I haven't had a drink since last spring, @Norm needs me like Alfred(norm) needs Batman (me). I have started to delete post before I post them.

I'm no doomsday prep kind of person, if civilization falls apart I would rather go with it. There is a lot I enjoy about my current life I'm not willing to give up, and with my son's respiratory issues you are better assuming you won't see much of me. I'm entering my third week of not buying gas. I'm very much on lock down to keep him safe.

I'll do rides with limited number like this past weekend, Brett and I kept our distance. It was a great ride and those can keep going on while maintaining a level of distance and safety.

Reactions: w_b

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
getting a little stir crazy WFH. currently listening to my music and realizing i have a lot of crap. suggestions? the kills are playing right now ("getting down") which is good but then i'll get something like fleetwood mac and it's just not doing anything for me (at least today)

EDIT: maybe not crap... maybe more like stale?

Top Bottom