Ask Norm Next Tuesday

giphy-20.gif

Ima just leave this here.

Unaware of Coronavirus, Nickelback Continues Tour of Playing to Empty Stadiums
71A6116C-2AC7-4A97-B01B-19E2035547FB.png

Completely oblivious of the Coronavirus, Canadian rock band Nickelback has continued the United States leg of their “All the Right Reasons” world tour as the typical crowd size of seven people hasn’t dwindled since the outbreak began. Public health officials who had advised the cancellation of concerts specifically stated that they will permit Nickelback shows to go on.

“Nobody will ever see a Nickelback concert as a possible public health hazard because they don’t have any fans,” CDC Robert Redfield stated, “We’ve confirmed that it’s just the tour bus driver, and a handful of the stage crew out there in the stands cheering the band on every night. It’s always been just them. In fact, if you want to be safe from the virus, one of the best places you could go is to a Nickelback concert, but I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.”

Now I'm really torn, should I change my name back to M3Tim even though I don't have an M3 anymore?
@Norm would you change your name if you sold your Norm and didn't have it anymore?

Now I'm really torn, should I change my name back to M3Tim even though I don't have an M3 anymore?
@Norm would you change your name if you sold your Norm and didn't have it anymore?
I haven't had my Rottweiler since 2012, and I haven't changed my name. I suppose if I did it would have to be something like pittin'

Welcome back!
And the city is Detroit, obviously.
How many km of suck?
All of them.

Did you read Atlas Shrugged?

I'm in the mood to read something dystopian, and The Lorax isn't cutting it.
Thinking the last good one I read was The Stand. Not going back to Huxley or Orwell.....

this one looks promising.

Erewhon BY SAMUEL BUTLER, 1872
Like many dystopian writers, Butler takes a contemporary idea about how the world works and extends it to a logical extreme. For Butler, writing in the late-19th century, that theory is Darwinian. His protagonist stumbles upon a previously undiscovered land that implements natural selection as social policing: Illness and physical maladies are considered criminal and result in severe punishment and isolation, while crimes of amorality are treated as pitiable, temporary ailments. That alone makes Butler’s novel an important indictment of human cruelty, but Erewhon is most fascinating for Butler’s pioneering idea that machines might one day wake up. “There is no security,” Butler wrote, “against the ultimate development of mechanical consciousness …” Move over Asmiov, Butler got there first. — KA

Or get another Rottweiler...View attachment 121930
@serviceguy Don't know how i missed this last week. Could never do.another rottie....our last was so good it wouldn't be fair to the next.one. This is our deaf pit we adopted a.month before Superstorm Sandy ...she was abused and just wants human contact. She is awesome and is so affectionate

20191201_201756.jpg

Did you read Atlas Shrugged?

I'm in the mood to read something dystopian, and The Lorax isn't cutting it.
Thinking the last good one I read was The Stand. Not going back to Huxley or Orwell.....

this one looks promising.

Erewhon BY SAMUEL BUTLER, 1872
Like many dystopian writers, Butler takes a contemporary idea about how the world works and extends it to a logical extreme. For Butler, writing in the late-19th century, that theory is Darwinian. His protagonist stumbles upon a previously undiscovered land that implements natural selection as social policing: Illness and physical maladies are considered criminal and result in severe punishment and isolation, while crimes of amorality are treated as pitiable, temporary ailments. That alone makes Butler’s novel an important indictment of human cruelty, but Erewhon is most fascinating for Butler’s pioneering idea that machines might one day wake up. “There is no security,” Butler wrote, “against the ultimate development of mechanical consciousness …” Move over Asmiov, Butler got there first. — KA
For some reason Cat's Cradle (Vonnegut) comes to mind, even though it's not dystopian. Noticed The Stranger on my bookshelf today...but I'm not sure that would be a good read during this period of isolation. Atlas Shrugged is a great book.

Back
Top Bottom