Ask an automobile mechanic.

ekuhn

Guess I'll have to give it a shot and rip it off in the parking lot if it fails and circle back through

Strugglebus

@Strugglebus do you know if the full inspecction is for all commercial-plated vehicles or just for vehicles over 26,000 pounds?

Both vehicles I took were well under 26k. One was a Chevy Silverado and the other a dodge van.
Over 18k ( I think ) gets an annual smoke test if it’s diesel at a private shop. At a certain weight the safety inspection is also done at a private facility but I can’t remember what that is and to lazy to google.

Last edited:

ekuhn

Guess I'll have to give it a shot and rip it off in the parking lot if it fails and circle back through
This was the case....

Mercedes with 5% on the windshield went through right next to me. Then I get the rejected sticker. Just out there trying to fuck with the working man and his commercial plates. Ripped it off and went back through. Inspector Dude was like - I didn't think you'd be back that fast.

This was Friday at 2pm. Tint was back on 8am Saturday.

IMG_7268.jpeg

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
maybe? i was there first week of the month with the truck and saw this on the window of their little 'waiting room'

1656345306877.png

ekuhn

maybe? i was there first week of the month with the truck and saw this on the window of their little 'waiting room'

View attachment 187555
There was a sign on the outside of the building they were hiring, but wasn't marketed as an outside company. But for $15/hr and a week and a half signing bonus, I doubt those resume's will be stacking up with competent skills. Perfect for the 18 year old just outta high school.

qclabrat

Simple question, how do you jack up a car with no parking brake and is rwd? Need to work under the Pontiac but don't want to die. Do I chock the front or back first? I raised the driver side rear only a bit when I topped off my gear box. Though I need all four tires in the air about 18". I'll eventually get one of those mini scissor lifts but for now just jacks. I have 2 heavy duty jacks and 2 lighter ones as well.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Back it up on ramps. Leave it in park. Jack up the front onto stands.

The front mods might not let you jack it from the subframe?

Put something like a log under car jic.

I have ramps if you need them. 1st gen firebird tested too.

Reactions: don

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does it matter if it's an auto? Front or rear door the 2x4s?

whichever end you are jacking up, put the 2x4s on the other end. if you are jacking up one side block the other (front and rear)

also you need jack stands, dont ever trust your hydraulic jack to support the weight for longer than it takes to set a stand.

if youg e around to a lift at some point i can recommend the quick jack setup, i love mine.

qclabrat

whichever end you are jacking up, put the 2x4s on the other end. if you are jacking up one side block the other (front and rear)

also you need jack stands, dont ever trust your hydraulic jack to support the weight for longer than it takes to set a stand.

if youg e around to a lift at some point i can recommend the quick jack setup, i love mine.
Yes, I remember you showing your setup a while back. Thinking to make some wheel cribs instead of jack stànds, this guy on a Nova site even put them on wheel dollies.download.jpeg

Top Bottom