Ask an automobile mechanic.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh man, I remember those. I thought I remember the 'plug' was too flimsy for an impact and we resorted to chisels on the bad ones.

Oil change related: I changed the oil on my Husqvarna 701 Vitpilen last night. Same engine as the KTM 690 Duke (a bunch of KTMs, I guess). Craziest thing I've ever seen. The oil change kit includes TWO filters, two cylindrical screens, two new caps for the screens, 8 o-rings, and a new crush washer! It was $65. The recommended oil was $60 for 4L, enough for two changes with some left over.

View attachment 183255
I thought my CRF450R mx bike was a pain in the ass....I used to change the oil after every 1-2hrs of run time (maybe 2 trips to E-town at most) 15-50 mobil 1 for the engine, shell Delvac for the clutch/trans IIRC....what a pain lol.

Does the bike share oil between the trans and engine?

mfennell

I thought my CRF450R mx bike was a pain in the ass....I used to change the oil after every 1-2hrs of run time (maybe 2 trips to E-town at most) 15-50 mobil 1 for the engine, shell Delvac for the clutch/trans IIRC....what a pain lol.

Does the bike share oil between the trans and engine?

Yep.

It turns out it has two oil pumps. Not sure why, but it explains the two filters, I guess.

ebarker9

Seems as good a place as any to ask... recommendations for a body shop? I'm in Randolph. Neighbor just had some trees taken down and in the process of grinding one of the stumps they pelted the side of my Golf R with gravel from their driveway. Only noticed the one obvious damaged spot but I have to clean the rest of the crap off to really see. Wtf guys, I was home the whole time...maybe a heads up to move the car?

PXL_20220422_203713149.jpg

iman29

Seems as good a place as any to ask... recommendations for a body shop? I'm in Randolph. Neighbor just had some trees taken down and in the process of grinding one of the stumps they pelted the side of my Golf R with gravel from their driveway. Only noticed the one obvious damaged spot but I have to clean the rest of the crap off to really see. Wtf guys, I was home the whole time...maybe a heads up to move the car?

View attachment 183400
Dude that sucks.

The contractor should be contacted their insurance should pay. Grrr

ebarker9

Dude that sucks.

The contractor should be contacted their insurance should pay. Grrr

I'm not entirely sure what the deal is. I think my neighbor works for the company so it's possible it was some kind of side job for the guys who were doing the work today. They're supposed to be back tomorrow so I'll try to grab a business name in case things go south. My neighbor said he'd pay for the repair but you never know if people are going to follow through.

iman29

I'm not entirely sure what the deal is. I think my neighbor works for the company so it's possible it was some kind of side job for the guys who were doing the work today. They're supposed to be back tomorrow so I'll try to grab a business name in case things go south. My neighbor said he'd pay for the repair but you never know if people are going to follow through.
Stop by Ashley auto Body in Flanders.

My older two sons work at Ashley Farms. The owner of the farm is cousin of owner of Ashley auto body. Owners name is Larry

Text me and I will share you my sons names you can drop so Larry knows how you heard about him. He’s already done work on my sons car replacing a bumper after a fender bender and it came out great

mfennell

EGR, EGR cooler, both intake manifolds, throttle air duct to intake manifold, Catalytic, ACR Catalytic, AdBlue injector nozzle and CDI Engine Control Module

That does not look or sound like fun at all!

I just did a quick web search on the of the recall. Next up: customers complaining about how much AdBlue it uses now that it doesn't emit so much NOx.

Reactions: don

GTCHAMPION1

I just did a quick web search on the of the recall. Next up: customers complaining about how much AdBlue it uses now that it doesn't emit so much NOx.
16 hours labor time and yet nobody can do the job under 16 hours, lots of work, part of the engine harness has to come off, turbo has to come off, left side fuel rail and left side injector lines, definitely not fun at all

don

16 hours labor time and yet nobody can do the job under 16 hours, lots of work, part of the engine harness has to come off, turbo has to come off, left side fuel rail and left side injector lines, definitely not fun at all

Add the DEF/Ad Blue to the higher costs of diesel these days (I thought diesel was less refined than petrol :shrug:).

What a crazy amount of parts and labor! You are bringing the engine down to a short block and then back up with some pretty complex parts. For the amount of labor and parts costs you would think MB would make sure it is put together correctly and add an hour or 2 to the total job. I imagine there are lots of little things can hold that timeline up like broken bolts/studs.

I'll read more on it but does it help emissions that much?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow that looks like a terrible job, you have my sympathies.

Im reading this on the internets....im guessing this is the cause we are discussing

Mercedes-Benz USA and its parent automaker, Daimler AG, will pay more than $2 billion to settle allegations of emissions cheating on diesel-powered vehicles, including sedans, SUVs and vans. In a proposed settlement with federal and California regulators, announced Sept. 14, the automaker said it would recall some 250,000 diesel vehicles from the 2009 to 2016 model years — about two-thirds of them Sprinter vans — to repair emissions systems with the alleged violations.

HiFiGuy

Stop by Ashley auto Body in Flanders.

My older two sons work at Ashley Farms. The owner of the farm is cousin of owner of Ashley auto body. Owners name is Larry

Text me and I will share you my sons names you can drop so Larry knows how you heard about him. He’s already done work on my sons car replacing a bumper after a fender bender and it came out great
I would second Ashley’s Auto body in Flanders, had work done there several times, easy to deal with and quality work that held up over the years.

GTCHAMPION1

Wow that looks like a terrible job, you have my sympathies.

Im reading this on the internets....im guessing this is the cause we are discussing

Mercedes-Benz USA and its parent automaker, Daimler AG, will pay more than $2 billion to settle allegations of emissions cheating on diesel-powered vehicles, including sedans, SUVs and vans. In a proposed settlement with federal and California regulators, announced Sept. 14, the automaker said it would recall some 250,000 diesel vehicles from the 2009 to 2016 model years — about two-thirds of them Sprinter vans — to repair emissions systems with the alleged violations.
you are correct... lots of drama with emissions at the moment.

Reactions: don

GTCHAMPION1

Ok boys and girls, here is the new V8 BiTurbo (hot turbos) M176 on the new V223 2022 S580, all AMG engine on a non AMG car, possible valve failure at cylinder 2 or 3, tomorrow I'm removing the camshafts and possibly the head... Yes! shit happens 🙄IMG_20220512_115834050.jpgIMG_20220512_135046417.jpgIMG_20220512_145326897.jpg

Top Bottom