Ask an automobile mechanic.

JerseyPete

The discussion over in @Patrick's "I finally bought a sports car" thread has me thinking.

How would you go about finding a reputable mechanic out of state? My son now has his Land Rover at school with him in Pittsburgh. He knows nothing about cars. I figure at some point he'll need to bring this someplace for repairs, hopefully not on a flatbed. Would be good to have an idea where to go before the problem happens.
Check Land Rover forums for people in that area.
MTB'ers check this forum for good bike shops, should be the same on a LR forum. People know who is good and who is a scam.

GTCHAMPION1

Any shop that work on European cars should be able to service your Land Rover @Bike N Gear ...and it all come down to how good their prices are and the shops reputation.

Reactions: don

GTCHAMPION1

wtf did the guy hit to need all those parts replaced?
Work order said... Client hit pothole. Lol. Bent left side wheels, smashed the subframe, jammed the LF lower control arm on the subframe(would not move at all), bent Left Front strut, bent the cross-member/radiator support, damaged the front bumper, and the steering rack is binding. Insurance got involved.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Work order said... Client hit pothole. Lol. Bent left side wheels, smashed the subframe, jammed the LF lower control arm on the subframe(would not move at all), bent Left Front strut, bent the cross-member/radiator support, damaged the front bumper, and the steering rack is binding. Insurance got involved.

that must have been quite a pothole!

JerseyPete

Looking at your pictures and work reminds me of this guy:

"I DO CARS" videos of the guy doing teardowns on blown motors.

Last edited:

GTCHAMPION1

Looking at your pictures and work reminds me of this guy:

"I DO CARS" videos of the guy doing teardowns on blown motors.
I seen this guy before and what I like about him is that he is humble, and he shows the causes or the possible causes of why the engine failed... Just stay away from Scotty Butcher Kilmer and that guy who just makes videos of what he reads on books and don't have a clue of what he actually talks about "Engineering Explained" lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom