Ask an automobile mechanic.

Do people even remember when you actually had to do tune-ups to keep your car running? I think my old Dodge Caravan had about 100K miles on it when I finally changed the plugs, the electrodes were completely gone and it still started and ran OK. Gap, shmap. :p

The Chevelle would stop running if I didn't change the plugs and wires about every 10K.

Do people even remember when you actually had to do tune-ups to keep your car running? I think my old Dodge Caravan had about 100K miles on it when I finally changed the plugs, the electrodes were completely gone and it still started and ran OK. Gap, shmap. :p

The Chevelle would stop running if I didn't change the plugs and wires about every 10K.
Most customer don't check the oil any more. They also think it's ok to go 15 or 20K before they even think of changing it.

I’ve been a shadetree mechanic since before I could drive. I keep trying to retire but continually find myself involved in another project. At least the last few years I’ve had to use less and less Kroil and blowtorches. 98DD23AE-2FD3-44AB-9FE0-E4A6C1E0FD43.gif

I've got 2 honda swaps and 6 subie swaps under my belt and if anything hasn't changed in 5 years I'm half decent with megasquirt(impending shit jokes). But I also don't want to help anyone lol

i mean my wife works in lubricants, if they use the right oil and keep it topped off 20k on it aint hurting anything (you may been to do a filter change in there somewhere thos)
Ok sure.... 20K.
I love it when there is a problem, engine is sludged up and the warranty won't pay to fix it. Customers having a temper tantrum because now they have to pay.

Not my car, not my problem pay up.

Ok sure.... 20K.
I love it when there is a problem, engine is sludged up and the warranty won't pay to fix it. Customers having a temper tantrum because now they have to pay.

Not my car, not my problem pay up.

so they looked up how to turn off the light on the internet ?

now let's think about this. the liturature claims that the engine sensors analyze the oil to optimize change intervals.
i guess they really don't......unless they come back on a day later. which gets reported back to the mother ship.

i get a call when the tire pressure is low.

Back
Top Bottom