Ask an automobile mechanic.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does it have an intermediate steering shaft? Steel shaft with 2 universal joints in between the steering rack and steering column.
I know on some Audi vehicles they seize up causing that same headset bearing notchy feel.
that makes alot of sense.....that said...like I have a nearly 60 year old ford with the original steering gear located outside near the ground....wtf are they doing at BMW/Audi that a universal that is inside the car is wearing out in under 50,000 miles.

THATmanMANNY

I don’t know what’s up with my truck. I’ve had this used truck for 4 years. There is some fibers that irritate my skin. Forearms resting on the door or center armrests. It’s both vinyl areas so not sure what’s up. I’ve wiped the areas down and just ordered new in cabin air filters. I don’t recall this irritation when I first got it.

Maybe I need a thorough vacuum all surfaces. What do you think?

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
that makes alot of sense.....that said...like I have a nearly 60 year old ford with the original steering gear located outside near the ground....wtf are they doing at BMW/Audi that a universal that is inside the car is wearing out in under 50,000 miles.

Governor Brine. I might be stupid to have a winter car, but I'm not an idiot.

TommyF

I don’t know what’s up with my truck. I’ve had this used truck for 4 years. There is some fibers that irritate my skin. Forearms resting on the door or center armrests. It’s both vinyl areas so not sure what’s up. I’ve wiped the areas down and just ordered new in cabin air filters. I don’t recall this irritation when I first got it.

Maybe I need a thorough vacuum all surfaces. What do you think?
Used truck, original owners have pets? Do you have any allergies? Maybe a good interior deep clean and detail would help. I'm talking take the seats out, extract all carpets and upholstery and compressed air blow out and clean of every area.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
2017 X3. More googling shows that some people report that it only happens when the car gets hot on long drives, so dealers can never reproduce it. I'll have to check later to see if it's still happening now.
Well, this should be fun to diagnose. Now that the car cooled down it’s driving perfectly normal.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Just started up my Suburban and the fan comes on high. Drove for 10 minutes and it stays on high. Temp gauge inside didn't move off of 160 during the 10 minute drive. Currently sitting with battery disconnected while I figure out what to check first.

Thoughts?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Just started up my Suburban and the fan comes on high. Drove for 10 minutes and it stays on high. Temp gauge inside didn't move off of 160 during the 10 minute drive. Currently sitting with battery disconnected while I figure out what to check first.

Thoughts?

The trade in value?

Sounds like a bad sensor, or stuck relay.
Tap on the fan relay, and see if that helps.

Top Bottom