Article in paper today 12/22

ArmyOfNone

Wtf

"As someone who was an avid hiker and backpacker, I can certainly understand the concerns of environmental groups," said Byram Township manager Greg Poff. "But the question for me is, how can I provide access to nature to the greater populous. Not everyone is going to backpack several miles along footpaths."
:blah: :blah: :blah:
From someone who is an "avid hiker", sounds like he is full of it. I thought the whole experience of being outdoors was about the singletrack, rocks, and roots. Sure would make the experince a whole bunch more fun by creating a six foot wide road. Yep sounds good to me jackass. He "certainly" does not have a damn clue about what he claims to be in connection with.

And for those who dont want to backpack on footpaths...Great adventure has a great safari with trees, rocks and animals. And you can keep your ass in the car and never have to worry about walking on footpaths. :getsome:

SpartaBard

I assume they are talking about the rail bed... Is that true? Not a big deal if that is what they are talking about, but if they are constructing a new trail into the park like they mention it would be...

Shaggz

A strong 7
they might as well just cut a 15 foot swath of trail through all the land that is being robbed as part of the highlands, while they're at it.

hoof

I assume they are talking about the rail bed... Is that true? Not a big deal if that is what they are talking about, but if they are constructing a new trail into the park like they mention it would be...

"The trail ultimately will link a small neighborhood off busy Route 206 to Jefferson Lakes Road, then move on to the Sussex Branch Trail, a former railroad bed reclaimed by nature and offering hikers a 20-mile, forested trek as far north as Branchville."

I think it's a waste of money, but it's no worse than the cell tower road in the same area and no one complains about that.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i would have little problem with that. it wont be affecting any of the trails we ride, south of the sussex branch. it's not cutting out a loop, it's smoothing out an access route from near 206. it will enable elderly people and people who would have trouble, physically and mentally, with a rough trail to access the sussex branch without driving, which is a good thing. during construction, the corridor will be neccessarily wide to get the trucks down it, but the footbed of the path will end up being only about 6ft wide, similar to many trail we ride on. as long as they use the right type of 'gravel', ie qp(quarry press), it will be fine for all users.

Top Bottom