Are there any ROCK CLIMBERS on this site?

Eileen

I got a Christmas party at work next week but I definitely want to meet up and climb with you guys.

rocknrollgirl

Climbing used to be my drug of choice, and then a few years ago one of my partners took a fatal fall while we were climing together in the Gunks. I tried to get back to it some months later, but all the fun was gone.

So now I RIDE MY BIKE.....

I still miss it, but I do not think I could lead Trad again.

Now some nice, light mountaineering...that would not be out of the question. Nothing better than a winter ascent of Mt. Washington the clear out the cobwebs....

xc62701

Climbing used to be my drug of choice, and then a few years ago one of my partners took a fatal fall while we were climing together in the Gunks. I tried to get back to it some months later, but all the fun was gone.

Now some nice, light mountaineering...that would not be out of the question. Nothing better than a winter ascent of Mt. Washington the clear out the cobwebs....

I could see how that could rattle you... I'm not a trad fan anyway. Sport is my method of choice. Well that and bouldering.

S

Shar0se

I'm sorry to hear that. Climbing is a dangerous sport for sure. It's understandable if you would rather stick to riding.

adventurechick

I've been out of climbing for a bit but would like to get to the gym regularly (probably once a week for now because of school and other responsibilities) @ either Rockville in Hamilton or Garden State Rocks in Marlboro or Go Vertical in Philadelphia. Any takers? I've been outside @ the Gunks, Ralph Stover, Allamuchy, and Acadia (Maine).

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i am always up for a little gym climbing.

i took a few years hiatus - but was really into it for a while. i usually boulder or top rope when outdoors, no trad or sport anymore. there's tons of outdoor bouldering in NJ... the sourlands, the tourne, teetertown ravine, and of course heading up to the gunks in peterskill and the trapps. i hear lost city (range right behine the gunks) has been developed a bit too. take a peek at the nj guidebook 'a falcon guide' (i helped write up a section in the book) it's got lots of good stuff in it.

but if you are ever up for an outdoor session of bouldering, let me know - i have a pad, but i could use a partner for a spot. i went out this past summer alone, and just got too sketched to really go for stuff.

adventurechick

What gyms would you be willing to travel to? I am not too far from sourlands. I have hiked and biked there and think I know where the bouldering area is. I really haven't bouldered much. Mostly following trad, sport, and top rope.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
What gyms would you be willing to travel to? I am not too far from sourlands. I have hiked and biked there and think I know where the bouldering area is. I really haven't bouldered much. Mostly following trad, sport, and top rope.

anywhere really - i live outside new brunswick but work (when i am around, i travel tons) in livingston, so the NJRG or the place in hamilton are all fine.

xc62701

The gravity vault in Ramsey NJ is pretty nice. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some people there as well.

S

Shar0se

i am always up for a little gym climbing.

i took a few years hiatus - but was really into it for a while. i usually boulder or top rope when outdoors, no trad or sport anymore. there's tons of outdoor bouldering in NJ... the sourlands, the tourne, teetertown ravine, and of course heading up to the gunks in peterskill and the trapps. i hear lost city (range right behine the gunks) has been developed a bit too. take a peek at the nj guidebook 'a falcon guide' (i helped write up a section in the book) it's got lots of good stuff in it.

but if you are ever up for an outdoor session of bouldering, let me know - i have a pad, but i could use a partner for a spot. i went out this past summer alone, and just got too sketched to really go for stuff.
I've done TR in lost city and loved it- it's not as crowded as everywhere else.

THATmanMANNY

I am waking this beauty back up! I will be going to njrockgym tomorrow. Gah, I hope it doesn't get too crowded :eek: I haven't climbed plastic in more then a year. Let's see what happens :D

Anyone have a brief review about Rockville in Hamilton, NJ?

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Anyone have a brief review about Rockville in Hamilton, NJ?

i've been down there. its a good gym. its got a good boudering are and plenty top rope stuff to keep you busy. worth a trip if you haven't been.

speaking of climbing, with all the new development going on in the sourlands, anyone interested in getting out soon with a crash pad and shoes to flail around on some of the new stuff being put up, or get an FA (if there are any left)?

i'd be down to pull some V1s!!!:getsome::rofl::getsome:

ellbiddy

i've been down there. its a good gym. its got a good boudering are and plenty top rope stuff to keep you busy. worth a trip if you haven't been.

speaking of climbing, with all the new development going on in the sourlands, anyone interested in getting out soon with a crash pad and shoes to flail around on some of the new stuff being put up, or get an FA (if there are any left)?

i'd be down to pull some V1s!!!:getsome::rofl::getsome:

Count me in, I love tooling around in the sourlands.

IROnick

Awesome, I live right up the road from Sourlands. Let's go climb! I also go to NJRG every Tuesday night. I wonder if I've ever seen any of you guys there before?

warcricket

Like a Jerk
lets do it! i saw Chrisg at garden state rocks the other day and we discussed getting out to the sourlands. i'll bring my piece of foam!

IROnick

Next break in the weather is Wednesday. What do you guys say to meeting in the East Mountain Rd parking area at 5pm? I can meet later if there's a conflict with anyone. I have a crash pad and a headlamp.

ellbiddy

Not so good for me either, Thursday works better...if someone else is bringing some pads I'm debating riding there on my road bike with my stuff in a bag.

IROnick

I can do any weekday afternoon. Thursday would be fine. Let's watch the weather. As long as it isn't raining, I'm in.

Top Bottom