Anyone send stuff in for service to Fox?

bergsnj

I've sent a few components in for service to Fox and every time they send me a brand new component instead of servicing it. So far 2 seat posts and 1 rear shock came back with new replacements. Thats been fine with me until now when they are telling me I need to buy a new seat post because they broke mine when trying to take it apart. Whats the deal, anyone else have any feedback?

Xler8

Say what...they want you to take responsibility for something they broke? They must be smoking some shit. No way they can make that stick. That’s on them.

I’ve had a shock and a seat post sent in for service to Fox under warranty, but never got back anything new. Just what I sent in and got it back repaired.

terrabike01

I've sent a few components in for service to Fox and every time they send me a brand new component instead of servicing it. So far 2 seat posts and 1 rear shock came back with new replacements. Thats been fine with me until now when they are telling me I need to buy a new seat post because they broke mine when trying to take it apart. Whats the deal, anyone else have any feedback?
Funny your posting this. I sent them a rear shock a few weeks ago for servicing and they sent me a new one. I thought it was kind of strange. And it was only like a 5 day turn around time with shipping. I havent heard anything from them yet and hopefully I won't!

bergsnj

they said one part broke trying to disassemble it and that the seat post stanchion needed to be replaced too. They said that the cost to repair it would be the same as replacing it so I just bought the new one(with a big discount). But still more than i was expecting to pay for service. I can't really complain, this is the first time I've had to pay for the replacement, they just did it for free in the past.

serviceguy

I had an horrible experience with Fox service, and it was with shock pump. probably not worth their time. I have all Fox suspension components on my bike now, hopefully I won't need to send anything in.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sent in a two Forks and two Rear Shocks recently. One Fork had a bad damper, one rear shock leaked since new. I replaced the o-rings on the shock myself once, still leaked.

-Fork with bad damper they said they couldn't find an issue with, came back to me working...
-Rear shock that was leaking they said had no reason for it to be leaking. But just coincidentally they thought the aircan was machined poorly and installed a new one. No more leaks...

Top Bottom