anyone run stans no tubes

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have been expierencing alot of flats with my nomad, i like to run my kendas at about 35-40 psi. this seems to be the best way for the tires to hook up for me,cant afford to go ust so i'm thinking on giving stans a try...

D

DANSPANK

I've just converted Maxxis Ignitors 29ers to tubeless. The 26er version is already UST but the 29er isn't. I have UST wheels but I could not get the tyre bead to seat, even with an air compressor so I bought the Stans 29er kit, installed the rim strips, soaped everything up and put the tyres on. I still needed a compressor to seat the bead but finally got them up and running. I've only ridden once on the tyres but they've remained inflated for the last few days so everything seems to be ok.

I need to get out onto a technical trail just to ensure that the tyres are seated fully before the final sign-off on the conversion.

I run stans in my 26er bike and have only had 1 puncture in 12 months. I just refilled a bit more stans and the problem was solved.

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
i just installed my set of stans no tubes on my fisher, and im going riding in 45 mins, so ill let you know how they feel

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
its good to hear good things about stans maybe its my answer to solve this flatting issue...they are 517 dt rims and kenda tires...

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
just got back from my ride at allamuchy

love the new tire setup..i ran about 36 psi, just to be safe, i wanted to make sure the sealant has a long time to set before i drop it more..but being able to run that lower pressure really made a difference on the hardtail..it was so much smoother!

Top Bottom