Anyone Riding Thrusday 12/28?

Mike679

Got the week off and was planning to get out tomorrow morning (8:00am-ish) for a couple of hours, so I figured I'd see if anyone else had like-minded plans for hitting Allamuchy, Round Valley, or any of the other northwestern areas for a casual to moderate-paced ride (in other words, I've been a tad slow these days).

Hope everyone had a good X-mas.

Mike

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
thursday? i am in!

i was looking to get out for thursday myself... i would be hip for allamuchy. i have only ridden the deer park area.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Would love to join, I'll have to see how it works out. I just got back from a 2+ hour road ride, so I don't know how much energy I'm going to have.

How long you plan on being out?

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
slow as snails

i am getting to be as slow as snails, i have gotten pretty out of shape, so as far as speed goes, i am looking for a moderate/casual ride, for a couple hours tops.

Mike679

Clarkenstein - cool, you up for say, an 8:00 start at Allamuchy? Tranquility Farms side I think - let me know if you need directions.

Norm - Come on out - you'll probably be ahead of me most of the ride despite your road miles today. Looking to ride for at least two hours, but certainly less than three (father-in-law coming at noon). Thinking of doing a loop at Allamuchy similar to, but shorter than the ride we did back a couple of months ago. I got a GPS for X-mas, but probably won't have it up and running for tomorrow, so I'm not looking to get lost. Will probably stick with the trails that I know.

Going down to the basement in a few minutes to spin some trainer miles. Don't want to shock the system too much tomorrow.

Mike

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
directions

directions would be cool, just to make sure i know where i am going. i'll be coming from 287, south of somerville.

thanks

Mike679

Possible change in plans

Clarkenstein:

May have a little snag here. My wife may or may not have strep throat (she's at the doctor now) and I may have to bail if she's not feeling well in the morning (we have three kids ages 7 and younger) so I won't know until then if I can get out or not. Let me know when you read this post - I'd hate for you to show up and me not be there, especially since you don't know that park.

Shoot me a PM or post.

Mike

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Clarkenstein:

May have a little snag here. My wife may or may not have strep throat (she's at the doctor now) and I may have to bail if she's not feeling well in the morning (we have three kids ages 7 and younger) so I won't know until then if I can get out or not. Let me know when you read this post - I'd hate for you to show up and me not be there, especially since you don't know that park.

Shoot me a PM or post.

Mike

hey - thanks for the heads up. i'll PM you my cell number.

dmc123

Tomorrow

I would be up for joining you guys tomorrow. I don't know that side of the park well, I just know its tough. Mike, I met you on one of those early morning rides a few weeks ago. Hope you can make it, I would be lost without a guide. Let me know asap if you cant go.

Dave

dmc123

Today

Turns out I cant make it this morning, I have an emergency at work (even though I am off). I'll try to make the later ride.

Top Bottom