Anyone live in/around Basking Ridge?

Chris(NJ)

I'm looking at picking up a condo in B.Ridge. Its in the spring ridge development on King George Rd. I briefly checked the surrounding area, but mostly went in the direction of warren and drove home through watchung. It's a great area for quick access to good road rides, but what are the closest mtn rides to Basking Ridge?
More importantly, is there anything to do up in that area... bars? etc.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm looking at picking up a condo in B.Ridge. Its in the spring ridge development on King George Rd. I briefly checked the surrounding area, but mostly went in the direction of warren and drove home through watchung. It's a great area for quick access to good road rides, but what are the closest mtn rides to Basking Ridge?
More importantly, is there anything to do up in that area... bars? etc.

You would live about 3 miles from me if you moved there. Your mtb access would be:

CR/LM: 10 min
RV: 25 min
Mooch/Ringwood/KVSP: 45 min
MD: 40 min
6 mile/Sourlands: 30+ min

As mentioned, great road riding. The area is not a big bar scene. Basically it's not a big college town and there isn't a critical mass of people. You have the Stirling Hotel, and then Orphan Annie's in Stirling which has live bands, open mics, and so on. There's apparently a decent bar in BR which I've never been to. Morristown isn't far. Somerville isn't too far but I would opt for Morristown first. If you have a driver and the college crowd is your thing you have NB about 35 min away.

Chris(NJ)

great responses, thanks guys :) Dont really need a bar town, but two or three local bars/places to drink would be nice. Even something like 3 west, which I think is pretty close is fine. Just a place to hang out, socialize, etc in the area.
Glad to hear C.Rock is that close. I havent lived that close to trails since the reservation closed down :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dont really need a bar town, but two or three local bars/places to drink would be nice. Even something like 3 west, which I think is pretty close is fine.

You would be 5 minutes from 3 West, roughly. If all you care about is a place to have a few beers, then you'll be fine. The Stirling Hotel is nice, has some good beer on tap. Decent food, right up the street from High Gear Cyclery which I never go to but it's there if you need it.

Top Bottom