Anyone in the area w/ a FS bike?

Bossman429

Hey guys, I'm in red bank and go to hartshorne at least twice a week, either to ride or to hike... Usually with my maniac dog.

Anyways I'm just getting back into mtn biking and am trying to decide between a HT and a FS bike for my next purchase. I've never ridden a FS bike and would love to give it a test if anyone has one they'd be willing to let me try out.

Thanks!

-Adrian

jay has demo bikes at halter's... or you could hit up a demo day at 6 mile run.

from my experience, i'm finding that HT is a little more solid on tight single track and you'll have more power in your pedal because FS soaks up a little of your pedaling power into the shock but FS is good for going faster when the terrain isn't as pretty... plus it's a little easier on the butt when going over roots and such :p

the way i'm breaking it down right now is if i'm going to phillips park for a flat cardio ride or 6 mile run, i'll bring my HT, if i'm going to clayton, thompson park or frost woods, DS all the way. It's mostly preference, imho. The thing that sold me on HT was the DS i test rode squashed and squished when i pedaled... after 2.5 seasons on the HT, I test rode a DS that had a better setup than the one i rode initially and fell absolutely in love with it and eventually took one home from halter's... now i've got it dialed in the way I want it and it almost feels as solid as my HT... solid pedaling, smooth on the rough stuff... a little less solid on tight stuff but that could also be the 3 seasons i have on the HT vs the 4 rides I have on the squish... idk...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions